Yang Gang, calls matter now more than ever. People in NH are making up their minds in the next 48 hours. As we saw in Iowa, over a 3rd of voters made their final decision in the last three days. I want to give you a little perspective on what is possible. In 1992, a little known Governor from Arkansas took a swing at becoming president. The first series of early state polls were not great, but Bill Clinton and a passionate group of supporters stuck it out and made history:
- Iowa Results - Bill Clinton in 4th place with 2.8%
- New Hampshire Results - Bill Clinton in 2nd with 24.8%
- Maine Results - Bill Clinton in 4th with 15.1%
- South Dakota Results - Bill Clinton in 3rd with 19.1%
- Super Tuesday - 4th in WA, 4th in ID, 3rd in UT, 2nd in CO, 2nd in MD, 1st in GA
We have a larger field and Andrew was completely unknown to most of America 6 months ago. Exceeding expectations in any contest is enough to cause people to take a second look and that is all we need. We need you to donate any amount you can
. We need you to head to NH, NV, and SC, or even your local neighborhood
to knock on doors. We need you to call New Hampshire voters
. Let them see your passion for Andrew. Motivation is contagious!!!
If you need some encourangement to make that first ever phone call for Yang, read this: https://www.reddit.com/YangForPresidentHQ/comments/et24pu/been_lurking_for_months_finally_made_10_calls/
Please add additional ideas and resources that I have missed in the comments. I will keep posting updated versions of this until Super Tuesday. KEY DATES:
- Feb 11th - New Hampshire Primary - Current RCP NH Average 3.3% (-0.2)
- Feb 13th - 5pm Las Vegas, NV Fundraiser with Andrew Yang, Ken Jeong, and poker tounament with Daniel Negeanu - Tickets still available at this link
- Feb 19th - Debate #9 in Las Vegas, NV
- Feb 22nd - Nevada Caucuses - Current RCP NV Average 4%
- Feb 25th - Debate #10 in Charleston, SC
- Feb 29th - South Carolina Dem Primary - Current RCP SC Average 3%
- Mar 3rd - Super Tuesday - States (RCP Ave): AL, American Samoa, AR, CA (4%), CO (4% in Aug), Dems Abroad, ME (2.5% in Oct), MA (1% in Oct), MN, NC (3%), OK (0% in Jul), TN, TX (2%), UT (5%), VT, VA (1% in Jun) - Current RCP National Average 3.6%
- Jul 13 - 2020 Democratic National Convention begins in Milwaukee, WI
Only Biden, Sanders, and Warren have qualified for the Feb 19th debate!!!. Requirements are 4 polls above 10%, or 2 early state polls above 12%, or come out of Iowa or New Hampshire with at least 1 delegate. Buttigieg will get added to the list once the Iowa process plays out. Since it is unlikely we wwill suddenly start hitting double digits in the next 10 days, we need as many people in New Hampshire as possible. You can track status of Andrew and all other candidates here
One of the easiest ways to help the campaign spread its message is to donate. Even $1 helps pay for the creation of a dozen brochures. The bus tour, TV ads, all the offices we have seen open, and the campaign's growing operation cost money. The campaign is now in the next phase and we are already scouting office sites in Super Tuesday states. That means lease agreements, supplies, furniture, staffing, logistics, etc across 15 states!! We need the money to keep flowing in. As of this posting we have raised $353K towards the Jan 10th $2M goal. Remember that merchandise counts toward the goal and towards your donation limits. If you are able, please click here to donate
- 1,249,395 (+2,130) Twitter followers could donate $1.15 right now and hit the goal
- 106,815 (+110) subreddit members could donate $13.38 right now and hit the goal
Find your local Yang Gang and get involved IRL! This is the most important thing you can do. I'm an introvert, so going out to meet with new people is my least favorite activity. But an important tool in life is recognizing you have full control of yourself. DECIDE
to push past the fear for just one
Yang and Hang and poof, now these are people you know who will be more than happy to be your sidekick as you do more daring things like canvassing or phone banking.
Text banking is in full force and can always use more volunteers. The resources provided during text banking training are fantastic ways to prepare for IRL conversations with friends and family and eventually canvassing.
For signing up to textbank, go here: http://text.helpyangwin.com
and also reference the Textbanking Megathread to get started!
If you want to see someone setting the bar for IRL face to face canvassing, follow Aarika Samone
on twitter and now youtube. Her enthusiasm for everything Yang is motivating!
Get outside of this subreddit and engage.
- Always remember Humanity First
- Don't try to win over people who are aggressively mocking Andrew or even worse, crossing the line into racism. Don't feed the trolls. Downvote if you can (reddit) or just ignore (Twitter) and move on.
- Look for people raising legitimate concerns like "how is he going to pay for that?" or "I don't think he can win" and engage from resources below. Don't downvote a comment just because you disagree with it.
- Upvote positive, well thought out, and humanity first comments and reply with agreements
- Most online comment sections display comments in order of level of engagement. Arguing with a troll will just push that conversation to the top of the list. In hostile forums like politics or Facebook's Fox News feed we don't want good healthy dialog drowned out by people who are intentionally trying to be negative.
- Don't go full Yang Gang out of the gate otherwise it looks like we are brigading even when we aren't. Let the conversation naturally flow. Only send them to this sub or to yang2020.com if it is obvious that they are curious or if it natural to say "you can find a better explanation here..."
- Remember, people LIKE to be right. They DON'T LIKE being wrong. Don't respond directly with "You're wrong, here are 7 links that prove it". Instead, engage them and let them make their argument further. The longer they feel involved in a positive conversation where they are making their point, the more likely they will be to listen to your counterpoint later when you get to say, "that's odd, I had read it was actually 'X' at this site...I wonder why the data doesn't match". The goal is to plant the seeds that allow them to get curious and convince themselves.
- yanglinks.com - good place to find videos and explanations of Yang's policies
- Texting Common Responses - Short answers to common questions used by the text banking team
- canandrewyangwin.com - Anecdotal stories of past campaigns that reinforce the idea that Andrew definitely has a chance of winning the nomination
And just in case you missed it the first 6 times...PLEASE PHONE BANK!!!