Quick links guide (as self posts and comments have character limits
Octavia's Anthem: Update 20
New Quest: Octavia's Anthem! Image
Do you hear the music, Tenno? Faint memories of the Mandachord orchestra linger, and Suda wishes you follow it. Do as the Cephalon requests and be rewarded knowledge of an instrument from another time, the Mandachord. But, take caution... following her instructions may lead you down a twisted path...
Visit the Cephalon Suda Enclave in the Relay, and speak to Suda to start the quest. You must have the Second Dream quest completed to do so.
Octavia’s Anthem is a replayable quest! If you would like to experience it again, visit your Codex and select “Replay Quest”.
New Warframe: Octavia Youtube Profile
Compose her song and then conduct the mighty Mandachord, turning bass, beat and melody into an anthem of devastation.
Get Octavia today by purchasing her in the Market for Platinum, or by completing Octavia’s Anthem to get her Blueprint. Her parts can be found in the following ways:
- By facing your fears of the Infested: Rotation B of Orokin Derelict Survival
- By mastering your Musical abilities: completing the Organ 'note match' puzzle on Lua (not one of the Seven Principles). Completing this puzzle spawns a loot crate that will contain an Octavia Blueprint piece! Please note this puzzle does not spawn on Lua Mobile Defense missions.
- By revisiting Lua and by discovering new Caches on Lua Exterminate missions.
- Passive: Briefly replenish energy for Octavia and nearby allies when abilities are activated.
- Mallet (Percussion)
- Rhythmically beats damage into nearby enemies and draws their fire. Damage inflicted on the Mallet increases its lethality.
- Resonator (Bass)
- Launches rollerball that charms foes to follow it. When it vanishes, charmed enemies stagger. Combines with the Mallet to create a roving ball of musical devastation.
- Metronome (Melody)
- Grants buffs to those who consistently perform actions in time to Octavia’s music. Timed jumps offer the Vivace speed buff. Crouching on the beat grants cloaking with the Nocturne buff. Firing rhythmically bestows Opera a multishot buff. Timed melee swings gives the Forte damage buff.
- *Please note: In missions with multiple Octavias present, the UI will indicate buffs for every active Octavia, but you'll only benefit from the strongest of those buffs.
- Draws power from the decibel level of sound in the area and uses it to amplify a damage buff for Octavia and her allies. It also doubles the damage and range of nearby Mallets.
Conduct your very own symphony, Tenno. Octavia’s abilities are powered by the Mandachord, a formidable tool used to mix Melody, Bass, and Percussion into a harmony of destruction. Compose a song before entering the battle by going to your Arsenal, selecting the Appearance tab, and hitting the “Mandachord” button. How to use the Mandachord:
In this guide, we will be using the Adau Instruments to get you started on composition since they are the default Mandachord Instruments. There are also 4 other Instruments available in the Market for Platinum if you own Octavia:
- Alpha Instruments
- Beta Instruments
- Druk Instruments
- Gamma Instruments
- Each Instrument is in the same key (D minor Pentatonic), so if you’re feeling adventurous try mixing and matching Instruments to create unique compositions.
The Mandachord is comprised of 4 bars which are represented by the numbers 1, 2, 3, and 4 (seen in the background of each bar). Placing one note at the start of each bar is a whole note. Each bar is divided into quarters which are represented by the vertical lines. The tempo is set to 120 beats per minute, meaning each bar is 2 seconds long, and each slot is a 16th note.
1) The first thing you will need to do is to hit the "Clear Notes" menu button. This will give you a clean slate from which to start composing! You may find it easier to loop the first bar to establish a beat. To do this, select "Bar 1" under the Loop heading in the menu.
The fastest way to start your composition is to tackle the Percussion track first! Using the Adau Instruments, place the outer drum sound on every quarter note, the second drum sound on the first note of the first bar, and the third drum sound in the third slot of every quarter:
2) The Bass section of the Adau Instruments was recorded from a real string, brass, and woodwinds mix. Try placing a note on the first beat of the second and third quarter notes, in the slots furthest from the outer ring. Just for fun, try clicking on some of the other empty slots:
You will notice the pitch rises as you move towards the outer ring of the Mandachord. Each Instrument works this way, enabling your notes to sound at the same pitch with different Instruments. Other Instruments have different bass-only sounds for this section as well, so feel free to experiment.
3) The Melody section of the Adau Instruments is a real choir that we recorded specifically for Update 20: Octavia’s Anthem.Try putting a Melody note on the first 16th note of the first quarter and on the fourth quarter note as seen in this picture:
You can also form chords by placing notes together on the same beat!
4) You can easily copy the pattern you have just created by using the “Copy Notes” menu button. Scroll to the other 3 bars using the center ring and arrange your notes into slightly different patterns to add variety to your composition as it plays. Experiment with removing or adding beats in between others. Try moving the Melody notes around to form a pattern that evolves as the Mandachord plays:
5) Mix it up! Now you are ready to add different Instruments into your composition. You can do this by clicking on any of the Instruments at the top right of the screen. Preview the sounds in each Instrument to choose the one you like.
6) Want to create a dance beat? Load up the Beta Instruments and arrange the kick drum so that it plays on every quarter note, and the snare drum so that it plays on the second and fourth quarter notes. For the the final touch, arrange the hi-hat to play on every eighth note:
7) Then arrange the Bass notes so one is playing on every quarter, and then add a bit of Melody: Final tips:
There are composition note limits:
- Try maintaining the same Percussion throughout your composition.
- Start off by playing the lowest notes for the Bass in the first bar, and then increasing their pitch in each subsequent bar. Do the same for the Melody section. The key to getting good results is to slightly change the notes that are playing from bar to bar.
All songs are freely shareable! Here’s how:
- The Bass track has a 16 note limit per composition.
- The Melody track has a 16 note limit per composition.
- The Percussion track has a 26 note limit per composition.
- Use the “Volume Mixer” to adjust the volume for each track.
- Use “Track Isolation” to toggle each track on and off.
- Use “Reload” to revert any new changes back to the original selected/saved song.
- Don’t forget to save your compositions into a song slot. You can save a total of 5 songs!
- Use “Load Song” to select one of your custom songs or one of the default Instrument songs to load into the Mandachord.
In order to send and receive songs, you must own Octavia.
Typing [Song] in chat will bring up a list of your saved songs to chose from. Hovering your cursor over a song will play it for easy selection: Song selection
Once you have selected a song to share, a link with its title will appear in chat for others to save. Clicking on a song link will give you the following instructions on how to load the song into your own Mandachord: Linked mandachord
Once you have the song loaded into your Mandachord, you are free to edit it. You can also save shared songs, but keep in mind the 5 song slot limit.
Enter 'Captura'! (New Photobooth mode) Captura image
Show off your favorite Warframe and Fashion ‘Frame with the new Captura feature. Use a vast array of tools to compose the perfect shot. Choose from numerous available locations, spawn in enemies, slow down, or speed up time and compose a stunning photograph. Add more depth to your composition with dozens of filters, special effects and graphic options. How to access Captura:
Head to the Arsenal and select your Warframe Appearance tab. There you will see a new button titled Captura on the bottom right. Upon launching Captura, you can select from the following Captura Scenes:
- CORPUS SHIP MAINTENANCE SCENE
- GRINEER GALLEON CARGO SCENE
- INFESTED SHIP HOLOGRAM SCENE
Each Syndicate also offers their own themed Captura Scene, available at a Standing price. Interested in applying your own background scene or having a solid color background to your Captura images? Visit Simaris in the Relay to purchase the Color Key Scene for Standing. Teshin also has Conclave Scenes to offer, visit him the in the Relay to add these to your Captura Scene selection.
Be sure to share your Captura screenshots with the Community- we can’t wait to see how creative you get!
New Weapons Weapon image
Tenora Tenora Stats (thanks braindead5!)
A high tempo rifle. Choose between automatic and semi automatic fire to lay waste to your enemies. Its primary fire rewards increased accuracy and fire rate with consistent shooting. Its alt fire will load up 10 ammo before being shot in a single blow. The Tenora can be purchased in the Market for Platinum or researched in the Tenno Lab Dojo room.
Pandero Pandero (thanks braindead5!)
This fan hammer pistol, like the Tenora, also has two firing modes. Its semi-automatic primary fire will please sharpshooters. Its alt fire packs a punch (several) by emptying its entire clip in one trigger pull, but hold steady, the shots also have some kick to them. The Pandero can be purchased in the Market for Platinum or you can purchase its Blueprint in the Market for crafting.
New Customizations! Mucusk Syandana Image
Macak Wukong Alt Helmet
- A crown of bone spawns a mass with writhing, meaty infested tentacles.
Cadenza Octavia Alt Helmet
- An alternate helmet for Wukong.
Myrdin Kavat Armor Image
- An alternate helmet for Octavia.
- Accentuate the Kavat’s sleek profile with this enchanting decorative armor!
Helminth Charger Reskinned & Changes Helminth Charger
Who is this gangly creature on your Landing Craft?! Who let this malformed Infested inside?! KILL IT WITH FIR- oh wait, that’s the newly reskinned Helminth Charger! With a whole new look comes a new attitude.
- Proboscis - Helminth Charger whips a proboscis out at an enemy within 15m, pulling them back and dealing 25 damage.
- The ‘Charge’ Precept has been changed to Trample: The Helminth Charger rushes an enemy, dealing 35 damage to all in its path.
For those of you looking for the original Charger model, you can find the Helminth Degenerate Pattern as a Cosmetic Option in the Market available for Credits!
Expanded Arsenal Stats!
Sometimes your weapons do so much more than Primary Fire! To highlight the alternate capabilities of some of your weapons, your Arsenal has been upgraded with alternate fire stats to help you see your equipment’s true potential.
Any weapon with an Alt-Fire mode now have stats in the Arsenal! This includes: Primary Weapons:
Javlok, Buzlok, Ferrox, Harpak, Hind, Mutalist Quanta, Penthera, Paracyst, Penta, Quanta (Vandal), Stradavar, Tenora, Zarr Secondary Weapons:
Azima, Euphona Prime, Kulstar, Pandero, Talons
5 new emotes are available for your hip-shaking convenience!
- Glissade Narta
- Maestro Narta
- Poise Narta
- Tempo Narta
- Pendulum Narta
Dedicated Music Zones:
The Relays and Maroo’s Bazaar now offer dedicated music zones, where you can share your Mandachord compositions and boogie down with fellow Tenno. Simply bring Octavia to one of the areas marked with the symbol in the spoiler below, and select any of the Narta emotes listed above to start the party. Image
Dojos have a “free for all” policy when it comes to sharing your Mandachord compositions. Team up with your Clan to create symphonies in the comfort of your own Dojo, without concern of getting a noise complaint.
Out of world leaderboards for Trials now include the 'date achieved' for the all time records. If you need a refresher on where these are, find the links here:
We have also fixed missing Jordas Verdict Leaderboards in game, as well as issues with sorting and emptiness of the Law of Retribution Trials Leaderboards.
- Added item name and description to the Gear selection screen.
- Added detailed information to Energy/Health/Ammo Restores to tell you how much you'll be getting how often on each burst.
- Added drag ability to sliders in the Options screen.
- The Latron, Sicarus, and Hikou have all received PBR treatment.
- The Furis and Afuris have received the PBR treatment!
- Added scrollbar for ability descriptions and stats if they exceed window boundaries.
- Added the Anasa Ayatan Sculpture to the Codex so that it may be linked in chat.
- Added the ability to sort by Lens type in the Arsenal
- Added a new Ayatan Sculpture. The Valana Ayatan Sculpture can be acquired in-world as an addition to the discoverable Ayatan!
- To improve performance, added a small delay between each explosion when activating the alt-fire on certain weapons (e.g. Simulor, Penta).
- Added an error message and a visual indicator to items that can't be traded when selecting items for trade.
- Improved multi-monitor support: Warframe should remember which screen was set to fullscreen
- Going from windowed to fullscreen should no longer end up with resolution and refresh rate being incorrect
4K UI Support!
If you've been playing Warframe with 4K Resolution and been struggling with the UI, we are happy to inform you that 4K UI support is here!
Want more information? Check out our Dev Workshop on 4K UI support: Forum post
Renamable Mod Configurations!
It's finally here! No longer are your Mod Configurations limited to just 'Config A, Config B, Config C'! You can now customize the names of each Config!
UI Quality of Life (QoL) & New Features
We've added a number of QoL features to Warframe's UI with Update 20: Octavia's Anthem:
- When playing an Endless Mission with AABC reward rotation or a mission with hidden Caches, the UI that reveals which reward has been earned has been updated with a new look!
- You can now multi-purchase items from Syndicates and Baro Ki' Teer!
- You can now exchange Stacks of Prime Parts for Ducats using the Middle Mouse Button (the same feature already exists for selecting a stack of Mods to convert to Endo).
- There is now a Research Tab in the Clan Profile Screen!
- You can now link your Clan in Chat - anyone looking to recruit should make note of this!
- You will now only see categories in your Foundry, Mod, and Inventory screen that have items within.
- You can now swap your Loadouts from the Solar Map - Loadout descriptions are now viewable upon being hovered over.
- Numbers have been added to the Sanctuary's Practice Mastery Rank Tests so you know which test you're entering for practice of Qualification.
- We have Updated the visuals of our Friends and Clan UI pages! Fresh new screenshots await you!
- An 'All' category has been added to your Inventory screen, along with a Search bar!
- Trading flow improvements have been added! We now have added a final confirmation dialogue for a trade that lists the items being traded and requiring a final confirmation from both sides. i.e. "You are about to trade an Unranked Prime Chamber for 1000 Platinum?" and confirmation by button press or mouse click from both sides before "Trade Completed". This is one last review of the manifest to ensure you're certain of your trade. Added the ability to click on items in a Player’s Trade Menu, opening another screen with more details (much like clicking on a Linked item in Chat). Songs up for sale will also play for one loop using this feature. By typing /join [name of player] into Chat, you can attempt to join their lobby if no restrictions are in place (Solo, etc).
- Added blur to offered item background in trade window to help with readability.
Weapon Disposition UI Change:
Disposition is now displayed as dots from 1 to 5. This change should remove the confusion caused by the previous “Faint/Neutral/Strong” ratings. A Disposition of 1 is the equivalent of the previous “Faint” Disposition, while a Disposition of 5 is the equivalent of the previous “Strong” Disposition. This change also allows a more accurate rating, with five possibilities instead of the previous three. A weapon’s Disposition can be seen in the Arsenal under the “Upgrade” section.
Dojo sessions are now hosted using the Relay system!
This means that Dojo sessions will be no longer be handled with the Host and Client method, eliminating potential host migrations or other host-related connectivity issues. Clan members will be able to invite other Tenno to the Dojo and leave without forcing their invitees out as well.
For performance’s sake, the Instance limit for Relays also applies to this new system. You and 49 other Tenno will be able to visit the Dojo at the same time before another Instance is created, and any modifications done to the Dojo will still propagate across each Instance simultaneously.
As a result of these changes, “Host” will be removed from the Clan Roles list since any and all Clan members will now be able to access the Dojo at all times.
Trading in the Dojo now works similarly to trading in the Maroo's Bazaar where players can "set up shop". The trading post still shows all players in the Dojo with trades remaining for the day, but Players can now start a trade from the Trading Post or by interacting with another Player who is in trading mode.
Duelling will use the original Dojo hosting system, where it will create one session for the duelling Tenno. Players will be able to trade in the Duelling Room, but not during a Duelling Session.
Mastery Rank-Up Screen Changes
A new and improved Mastery Rank-Up screen is here! When you become eligible for a rank-up, a new option to initiate your test will appear at the top of the pause menu (instead of directly under your name). Upon selecting to start your test, a new screen appears that shows you what Mastery Rank test you’re about to attempt, what rewards you will receive upon a successful completion, and helpful hints!
See it in action: Twitter of BasedPablo
New Clan Ranks System!
In addition to the Dojo hosting changes, Clan Affinity will be awarded depending on the amount of effort expended towards bettering one’s Clan. This Clan Affinity will contribute to the Clan’s Rank and is awarded as follows:
- The first time you construct an Oracle Room, Bio Lab, Chem Lab, Energy Lab, Tenno Lab, Orokin Lab, Duelling Room and Obstacle Course.
- The first time you construct a Trading Post, Treasury, and Temple of Honor.
- Upon completion of Clan Research.
- The amount of Clan Affinity earned by building Rooms or Decorations are listed in their respective selection screens; Research entries have been given the same treatment within the Lab UI. A Research tab has also been added to the Clan Profile, which will list all research and its state of completion per Lab!
Don’t worry if your Clan has already done all or part of the above tasks - the rewards are retroactive! The appropriate amount of Clan Affinity has been given to all existing Clans with this Update.
All existing Clans are currently at the initial Rank, regardless of their Clan Affinity. Once its members complete the Ascension Ceremony, the Clan will Ascend to the highest Clan Rank attainable with their current amount of Affinity.
What is this Ascension Ceremony? If you have earned enough to reach the next Rank, a new Decoration called the Ascension Altar will become active! To participate in this Ceremony, a clan member simply needs to interact with this device. Depending on your Clan Tier, a certain number of members must partake in this ceremony in order to reach Ascension, but under no time limit.
Participants will immediately be awarded Endo upon interacting with the Altar, and any remaining Clan members will be able to interact with the Altar and receive an Endo reward within 72 hours after the Ascension Ceremony has been completed. Participants from Clans who have enough Clan Affinity to Ascend multiple Ranks will be rewarded with Endo from each individual Rank.
The required number of participants per Tier are as follows:
- Ghost: 1
- Shadow: 5
- Storm: 15
- Mountain: 30
- Moon: 50
The amount of Endo awarded per Clan Rank is as follows:
- Rank One: 1,000
- Rank Two: 2,000
- Rank Three: 3,000
- Rank Four: 4,000
- Rank Five: 5,000
- Rank Six: 6,000
- Rank Seven: 7,000
- Rank Eight: 8,000
- Rank Nine: 9,000
For Clans who have earned the current max Clan Affinity at the time of this update, completing the Ascension Ceremony will award each participant (and any other player who interacts with the Altar within 72 hours after its completion) with a grand total of 45,000!
To remove any confusion between these new Clan Ranks and the existing ones, Clan Hierarchy is now used to describe a player’s position within the Clan, whether they are a Warlord or an Initiate.
All of these changes are the foundation for a larger system planned for release later this year, so stay tuned, Tenno!
Corpus Enemy Additions & Changes
New Corpus Ratel are here!
Sniper Crewman now are able to deploy mini-robots known as Ratel. These fast-moving mini robotics units are quick and can quickly overwhelm even the strongest Tenno - take them out at the source!
We have increased the spawn chance of Sniper Crewman in Corpus missions. We have also reduced the spawn chance of Sapping Ospreys (which will mean less Sapper Mines) and lowered the maximum allowable simultaneous instances of Sapping Ospreys. Nullifier Changes
Bow and Sniper lovers rejoice! A new strategy for annihilating Nullifiers is now available. Nullifier backpacks are now equipped with Projector Drones that are deployed overhead. These Projector Drones are the power source behind the Nullifiers’ bubbles, and determine the growth, size, and vitality of the bubble. Here is what you can expect from the Nullifiers’ updated backpacks:
- When alerted for the first time, Nullifiers will deploy their Projector Drone to create a bubble.
- When in contact with varying ceiling heights, the Projector Drone will adjust its own height and reduce the size of the bubble to remain targetable.
- If the bubble has been popped, the Projector Drone will return to the backpack for a brief period of time before being deployed again.
- If the Projector Drone is destroyed, the bubble will pop and render the Nullifier permanently unable to make bubbles.
- Projector Drone health scales with enemy level.
- Fixed Nullifiers so that stealth finisher targets don’t grow the bubble, as per forum post
World State Window Changes:
The World State Window now has progressive disclosure and will only display the missions and Categories for content in which a player has met the criteria. Some of this is partially in place, but this is a more exhaustive change that ensures new players are not overwhelmed by seeing content they cannot play.
- Alerts will only appear in the World State Window if you have the planet unlocked.
- Invasions will only show if you have the planet unlocked.
- Sorties will only become visible after completing The War WIthin.
- Syndicate Daily Missions only appear if a player is a member of a Syndicate.
- Void Fissures will not appear until a player obtains their first Relic
Limbo Revisited: Limbo Image
Limbo is a Warframe with one of the most complicated skillsets. When his skills are mastered, he becomes an unstoppable force of Rift manipulation. While many have perfected the Limbo, there's been a general sense he needs to be revisited to make the mastering feel more rewarding.
With this Update, we have revisited Limbo. Changes to Limbo include the following: Passive:
While in the Rift, Limbo receives a slight Energy regeneration. Additionally, enemies killed in the Rift will grant Limbo 10 Energy. Rift Walk: Movement Activated Ability:
Limbo darts in and out of different Planes of existence at no Energy cost. Tapping the roll key (default binding Shift) will shift Limbo between the Rift and Material Plane. Shifting into the Rift leaves behind a tear that, for a brief period of time (5s), Limbo and Allies can use it to enter the Rift. Limbos that enter the Rift through the tear can remain in the Rift as long as they please, unlike Allies who have temporary access. 1: Banish:
Send enemies and Allies within a small radius into or out of the Rift for a period of time. Banish targets must be in the same Plane as Limbo to be affected. For example, Limbo must be in the Material Plane to Banish Material Plane targets to the Rift and vice versa. Banished enemies will take damage when casted and will be knocked down for a brief period of time. 2. Stasis:
Stop Banished enemies in their tracks by putting them in Stasis for a period time. Toggle the ability on and move within the Rift to strategically set up shots around enemies affected by Stasis. Projectiles will stay suspended until the Stasis timer runs out, until toggled off, or until the 300 projectile limit has been reached, upon which your torrent of projectiles will be launched at the enemy. 3. Rift Surge:
Void energy surges through Limbo and into the Rift, charging enemies within it. Charged enemies that cross over to the Material Plane will Banish themselves and nearby enemies back into the Rift. When charged enemies die outside of the Rift, they surge and transfer the charge to nearby enemies. 4: Cataclysm:
Bridging the Rift and Material Planes, Cataclysm creates a sphere of Void Energy that shifts enemies within its radius into the Rift. During its creation and final collapse, enemies stumble and take damage. The sphere’s final collapse deals damage to enemies both in and out of the sphere, and scales based on the health and shields of ALL enemies in the Rift. Additional changes:
- Mission objective items, such as Datamass, can now be carried in and out of the Rift Plane. However! Be careful not to drop these items in the Rift Plane, as they can only be picked up in the Material Plane.
- Allies in Cataclysm's sphere can now collect pickups including mission objective items.
- The Rift Torrent Augment Mod will now grant Limbo a damage increase (15/20/25/30%) for every enemy affected by Rift Surge and has had it’s description changed to reflect this.
- Toned down the FX while in the Rift.
Weapon Balance Pass:
As we near the staggering number of 300 weapons (including variants), the task of balancing grows increasingly daunting. At its core, Warframe is a co-operative game; having powerful tools is a boon to a team rather than a disadvantage. However, there are a few weapons that have such a dominating effect in missions that co-operative missions essentially become solo. Aside from the handful of dominating weapons, there are even more that have been overlooked.
We have taken a look at our Arsenal and adjusted many weapons - mostly Primaries at this time. Everything below is subject to change - this is our current plan and gives you a general idea of what is coming!
We have buffed 10 underpowered weapons which have unique mechanics that have been overlooked due to their poor stats. Miter
The Miter is one of the oldest examples of killer concept with lackluster results. The next Update will bring the following:
- Increased chance of dismemberment on kills.
- Increased speed of Projectiles.
- Charge time has been halved.
- Critical Chance of 5% for a quick shot.
- Critical Chance of 10% for a charged shot.
- Hit detection is now based on the size of the Sawblade.
- Mastery Rank increased to 6.
The Harpak's stats aren't the worst in the scheme of Primaries, but it has received some love since it is often overlooked.
- Recoil has been reduced on the Primary Fire.
- The Alt-Fire Charge time has been removed - it is now an instant harpoon.
- The Critical Chance has been increased to 20%.
- Increased the range of the Alt-Fire from 15 meters to 40 meters.
- Increased the flight speed of the Alt-Fire and updated the FX.
- Adjusted pull strength of the Harpak’s alt fire to have enemies more likely to end up near you.
The Hind has more nicknames than most Primaries (Baguette, etc), but not as much use.
We've added a single-shot Semi-Auto Alt Fire to the Hind that has increased Damage, Critical, and Status Chance. Panthera
Like the Miter, the Panthera is a killer idea with lackluster execution. We've made the following changes:
- Primary Fire has been switched to Automatic, and the fire rate has been increased.
- The Status Chance of Primary Fire has been increased to 20%
- Critical Hit Chance of Primary Fire is now 10%
- The Critical Multiplier is now 2x.
- Ammo Requirement is reduced to 2.
- Secondary Fire Status chance is now 35%
- Critical hit Chance of Secondary is now 25%
- Hit detection is now based on the size of the projectile.
- Mastery Rank is now 7.
The Paracyst is one of the more spine-tingling weapons in the Arsenal that really runs with the Infested theme.
- The damage of the Primary Fire has been increased by 5.
- Updated the FX of the projectiles of the Primary Fire.
- Increased the range of the Alt-Fire tether to 50 m.
- The Status Chance of the Primary and Secondary Fire has been increased to 30%
- The Critical Chance of Primary Fire has been increased to 10%
- Mastery Rank is now 5.
One of the more abstract Weapons that uses the Alt-Fire mechanic, the Mutalist Quanta has confused people since launch.
- The Mutalist Quanta is getting more of a mechanic change rather than just stats.
- It will have its Alt-Fire stack similar to the Simulor to make a large Infested Orb that you can shoot through for additional stats.
The Buzlok and its homing mechanism has been used for many creative moments - but ultimately this weapon has been overlooked.
- The Ammo Requirement for the Secondary Homing has been reduced to 2.
- Physical Damage distribution has been adjusted to 50% Impact, 40% Puncture, and 10% Slash.
- Damage has been increased to 60 from 45.
- Critical Chance increased to 15%
- Critical Damage increased to 2.5x
- The flight speed of the Homing Beacon has been increased.
- The Homing Beacon will now only stick to NPC & Characters.
- Critical Chance increased by 50% on targets with Homing Beacon attached to them.
- Clip size reduced to 50.
- Mastery Rank increased to 9.
The Ice Beam weapon: the Glaxion. Probably one of the most exciting weapons to imagine in combat, yet it has received a cold reception.
- Cold Damage has increased to 333 from 250.
- The rate at which ammo is consumed has been decreased.
- Increased the Accuracy of the Glaxion.
- Reduced the range from 30 meters to 24 meters.
The Ogris has gone through a visual Upgrade, and now it's time for a stat upgrade. To many, this was their first entry into Launcher weapons - are you willing to give it another look?
- The Flight Speed of the projectile has been increased.
- The Status Chance has been increased to 35%.
- The charge time to fire the Ogirs has been reduced.
- The direct Impact damage of the projectile has been decreased to 100.
- AoE damage has increased to 600.
- AoE range has increased to 6 meters.
- Mastery Rank requirement has increased to 8.
The Attica was the debut entry into Automatic Primary Crossbows! We've revisited it to perhaps bring it back into the spotlight of your Arsenal.
- The Weapon Recoil has been reduced.
- The Fire Rate has been increased.
- The Flight Speed of the bolts has increased.
- The Critical Chance has increased to 25%.
- The Critical Multiplier has increased to 2x.
- The Ammo Capacity has increased to 20.
We have nerfed 3 weapons (plus 1 variant) that we feel disrupts the co-op setting and pace of gameplay for most groups: Tonkor
- The Tonkor's rocket jumping mechanic has long been obsolete since the introduction of bullet jumping, so the - Tonkor now deals self-damage like all other launchers.
- The Tonkor Grenade trajectory line now appears on holding the fire button (Default Left Mouse), and grenade fires on release.
- The grenade needs to travel 6m before arming itself, it will bounce off yourself, other players and AI before then.
- The Maximum lifespan of grenade has dropped from 5 to 3 seconds - grenades are quicker to explode
- Grenades bounce lower and explode sooner, making them more likely to explode where they are shot.
- The Critical Chance has been reduced to 25%.
- The Accuracy of the Tonkor has been increased.
The Simulor's entry into Arsenals marked one of the more unique moments in Weapon history. It's always been a little weird - stacking orbs together leads to both passive and active death. The stacking itself causes damage and the fully stacked orb can be activated with your 'Alt Fire' button for an additional explosion.
- The Status Chance has been increased to 30%.
- The amount of Orbs required to make a full stack has decreased - it used to take 5, now it takes 3.
- A Critical Chance of 2% has been added.
- The AoE Explosion range (based on stack when expires or manual detonation) increased from 0.5-2.8 meters to 1-6 meters.
- The Explosion Damage has increased from 50 per orb to 75 (225 at full stack).
- On an orb stacking event (when orbs combine), damage range decreased to 1-6 from 3-8
- On an orb stacking event, damage decreased from 150-250 to 20-40
- The Simulor has had its max Ammo Capacity reduced to 60.
Considering the Simulor was the only Primary Cephalon weapon, it was easy to see a Synoid version entering Arsenals. Like its vanilla counterpart, it's always been a little weird - stacking orbs together leads to both passive and active death. The stacking itself causes damage and the fully stacked orb can be activated with your 'Alt Fire' button for an additional explosion.
- The Status Chance increased to 35%
- The amount of Orbs required to make a full stack has decreased - it used to take 5, now it takes 4.
- A Critical Chance of 5% has been added.
- The AoE Explosion range (based on stack when expires or manual detonation) increased from 0.5-2.8 meters to 1-8 meters.
- The Explosion Damage has increased from 50 per orb to 75 (300 at full stack).
- On an orb stacking event (when orbs combine), damage range decreased to 1-8 from 3-8
- On an orb stacking event, damage decreased from 150-250 to 20-50
- The Synoid Simulor has had its max Ammo Capacity reduced to 75.
- The only melee entry on the list is the Telos Boltace.
- This weapon is receiving a bit more of a mechanic change rather than a purely numerical change.
- The Slide attack will create a vortex that staggers and draws enemies toward you.
- The following Slide attack (after a vortex) will radial blast and ragdoll enemies away from you.
- This 'back and forth' will be on a cooldown.
If you have invested into a nerfed weapon, when the Update releases there will be an Inbox message generated on Login to give you a single 3 day Affinity Booster and a Forma per owned weapon to reconfigure your weapons as you see fit!
Regarding any Rivens you may have or are looking to pick up for any of the listed weapons: you can expect small changes to stats. Stay tuned for more information in the Update notes!
PATCH NOTES CONTINUED
- Fixed the Tether Grenade Mod for the Penta cancelling Self Damage.