| || | submitted by triggerhaven to GodsUnchained
Madness of the Gods 2: Double Demogorgon, December 2020 Announcement Graphic
Hi, I'm TriggerHaven,
a gaming Wizard from the Twitch Realm
and it's that time again! I've teamed up again with CopperPitch
, and the Gods Unchained Community to bring you our SECOND Gods Unchained Community Tournament! Featuring over $1000 USD worth of NFTs and Cryptocurrency.
This event is free to enter and no purchases are necessary for the competition. The rules are simple: Single Elimination, Welcome + Core Set cards only, God Power Ban: ONSLAUGHT WAR.
What is Gods Unchained? It's a Free-to-Play, Play-to-Earn, Trading Card Game! Download it here
! If you don't have any cards, download now and start grinding for the next tournament!
Registration is Now Open: Sign up in Challonge
and enter Trigger Haven's Discord
to verify your GU account (instructions are on the registration site and also posted in discord)!✨Registration Ends: 4am Friday, Nov 27th, PST
The tournament will consist of Three Phases
lasting through December:
- Qualifiers - After signing up and following instructions, play in the official Weekend Ranked competition in the Ranked Constructed Mode in Gods Unchained from 4am Friday, Nov 27th - 4am Monday, Nov. 30th Pacific Time. The Top 64 registered participants will automatically qualify for the tournament. Qualified players will be assigned to a single elimination bracket.
- Predictions - Anyone may post predictions when Predictions open on BRACKET PREDICTION DAYS: Nov 30th/Dec 1st. Predictions will close before the Round 1 matchups begin. Participants MUST put Discord ID in the prediction title to be eligible for prizes.
- Brackets - Players in each matchup will schedule a Best of 3 in which they play tournament legal decks against their opponent (switching decks between matches is allowed). NOTE: Legal decks may only include Welcome and Core Set Cards. Cards from any set other than the Welcome Set and Core Set will result in disqualification (e.g. the Genesis Set, Trials of the Gods, Promo, Etherbots, etc.). The only other restriction is the Ban on the Onslaught War power.
We ask that all participants who make it to The Finals MUST be able to share their desktop or stream their gameplay in order for us to present the finals on Twitch.
- Qualification is 27th-29th (The official weekend ranked event)
- BRACKET PREDICTION DAYS: Nov 30th/Dec 1st.
- Round of 64: Dec 2nd - Dec 5th
- Round of 32: Dec 6th - Dec 9th
- Round of 16: Dec 10th - Dec 13th
- Round of 8: Dec 14th - Dec 16th
- LIVE Round of 4/Finals: Dec 18th
✨✨✨Hype Events and Content! ✨✨✨
Top Gods Unchained Players, CopperPitch
, and Shaleby_
will be hosting weekly content on our Twitch Streams about the tournament! Join up for Analysis, Viewer Battles, Cosplay, and Marquee Matchups from the tournament!! If you have ideas to add to the hype, or would like to participate, send me or CopperPitch a message! CopperPitch also makes Weekly Exclusive GU Content on YouTube!
Be sure to follow his channel for tips and tricks on how to be a top player!
🎉TOURNAMENT PRIZES🎉 Winners of the Grand Finale will Receive (at least) the Following Pledged Prizes:
Bracket Predictions Prizing
- 1st Place - Legendary Trials Chest, 30,000 $BANANO, Legendary CryptomonKey
- 2nd Place - 3 Rare Trials Chests, 20,000 $BANANO, Epic CryptomonKey
- 3rd Place - 1 Rare Trials Chest, 10,000 $BANANO, Epic CryptomonKey
- 4th Place - 5,000 $Banano, Epic CryptomonKey
- 1st Place - 2x Demogorgons
- 2nd Place - 1st and 2nd Pick from "Community Prize Shelf"
- 3rd Place - 2nd and 3rd Pick
- 4th Place - 4th and 5th Pick
- 5th Place - 6th and 7th Pick
We will also be raining and raffling additional Gods Unchained Prizes, $Banano, and CryptomonKey prizes during our live streams of the matchups on Dec. 4th, 11th, and 18th!
Game Rules Qualifiers
Scheduling a Match for Single Elimination Brackets:
- After following all registration instructions on the Official Tournament Page, players will receive a unique TRxxx code. You must put this code in your Gods Unchained username then play one match in Ranked Constructed in order for us to verify you. Note: You need not DM the bot if you have participated in the Welcome Set Tournament or the Early 30 Ranked Leaderboard, as you are already verified.
- Participate in "Ranked Constructed" battles, 4am Friday, Nov 27th - 4am Monday, Nov. 30th Pacific Time.
- NOTE: You may use any cards in this phase.
- The Top 64 will be pulled from publicly published statistics on GUDecks.com. They will then be placed in groups in the Tournament Discord Server to assist with scheduling.
Disconnections during 1v1 Bracket
- After you are assigned a bracket, it will be your responsibility to arrange a best of 3 matchup with your opponent using the "Direct Challenge" mode during the legal time period for the round (See "Tournament Timeline" heading above).
- Each player is expected to put forth reasonable effort to be available for matchups. Since players are in many different time zones, be aware that schedules may not align at convenient times.
- Having your availability ready to share with your opponent when the bracket is published will help greatly. Failure to communicate with your opponent in your appropriate tournament channels may result in disqualification.
- Disconnection during Best of 3 Matches after cards are dealt must count as a loss. Be sure you have a good connection for your matchups. If disconnections or hang ups occur before god powers are picked, alert your opponent in your bracket's discord channel, force close the game, then continue playing your matches as normal.
- All bracket matches are recorded in the API and will be checked to verify validity of only using Tournament Legal cards and powers. Violations will result in automatic disqualification.
- Be concise and courteous in your communication with your opponents across all social media during the tournament.
- Unsportsmanlike conduct will result in disqualification from the brackets and forfeiture of any and all participation prizes.
- My friends and I will be doing our best to make sure it runs smoothly, but there will assuredly be a few problems here and there. If things aren't perfect this time around, we'll refine it for future community events!
A big thank you to Immutable for sponsoring .5 ETH worth of Trials of the Gods assets. Thank you to Banano for heaping piles of $Banano and CryptomonKeys on our events. And a HUGE thank you to the Community Sponsors spicing up the prediction prize pool.
What are CryptomonKeys? CryptomonKeys
are BANANO-themed NFT collectible cards!! These cards are currently tradable on AtomicAssets
. CryptomonKeys NFTs
❤ Community Sponsors ❤
Thank you to the following community members for putting up prizes for this event!
- ✨ Prize Shelf of Genesis Set Cards ✨ (G) = Gold, (S) = Shadow
- VeteranHoplite --✨ 2x Demogorgons ✨ -- "for the winner of the Prediction Bracket"
- StrongHands' Shelf -- Backstreet Bounder (S), Contagious Ghoul (S), Blood Rage (S), Shadow Scryer (S), Dangerous Ritual (S), Untold Greed (S), Inflammable Imbecile (G), Agrodor Protector (S), Gentle Monk (S), Canonize (S)
- Ares' Shelf -- Hurl Weapon (G), Arcane Transcendent (S), Rift Scholar (S), Dimension Door (S)
- Rapt-0r's Shelf -- Ecophon (M), Back Alley Vendor (G)
- Freddie's Shelf -- Canopic Hoarder (G), Canopic Hoarder (G)
- OhhShiny's Shelf -- The Old Ritual (S)
- There may be additional prizes! If you'd like to contribute to the Tournament Prize Pool for this and future events, please send me a message in Discord!
Thank you for reading all the way to the end! If you'd like to show support for this and future events, come visit us on Twitch to follow, subscribe, and hang out for some good times! We're very excited for this event, and hope you have a lot of fun. Good Luck!