$GNUS | Genius Brands Intl.
Out of curiosity from its recent spikes from May-August; I spent the last 3 weeks gathering information on this company to see if I can understand its value. I now have reason to believe it will make a turn very soon.
About the company:
Genius Brands is a global media company in children’s entertainment
Three pillars of value creation:
- Growing portfolio of brands
- Global consumer products and distribution
- Owned distribution platform
- Creates shows and licenses them out to networks such as Netflix, Nickelodeon, Amazon Prime and their own distribution platform Kartoon Channel! on Apple iOS. Also recently announced a new toy line available at Walmart & Amazon.
Andy Heyward, CEO
On June 26, 2020, CEO Andy Howard bought 11.6M shares of the stock (avg price $2.46)
Stockholder meeting: Thurs August 27, 2020
Increasing the number of shares from 233M to 400M
New entries to management team:
- Margaret Liosche - Executive Chairman of the Kartoon Channel (Former President of Marvel Ent.)
- David Newman - Chief content officer of the channel (Former president of Walt Disney television)
- Others include former members of Disney, Dreamworks, Hasbro, Mattel
Other recent news:
- Recent deal with Mattel to turn toys into Wal Mart and Amazon
- All advertising is free as they are the hosts of their own network
- Could be bought out by Amazon, or receive exclusive shows
Key notes from GNUS fundamentals chart:
- 44% growth per year
- 6M in revenue in 2019 (compared to 1M/year in previous years)
- Cleared of debt
- 45M in cash (5 yrs worth)
- 7/23: Genius Inks Deal with Archie Comics, Batman Movie Producer: https://m.benzinga.com/article/16622103
- 7/27: Kartoon Channel! App breaks single day company record on iOS apps for kids: https://bre.is/YjMNEvvL
- Kartoon Channel! App Receives Tremendous Response with Top Reviews and 5-Star Ratings, Surpassing Disney+
- New COPPA-compliant App Follows Debut of Kartoon Channel!, Available in Over 100 Million U.S. Television Households and on Over 200 Million Mobile Devices: https://bre.is/JZ6NGrfY
- 8/3: Stock surges after releasing toy line: https://bre.is/jzjS7Mcf
- Arnold Swartzenegger (also an investor) voice actor on their latest show Stan Lee’s Superhero Kindergarten; written by Fabian Nicieza, co-creator, Deadpool and Steven Banks, head writer of SpongeBoB Squarepants.
- 8/4: From fan to creator: Michael Uslan’s journey to Genius Brands: https://bre.is/c3XU4Szh
I believe the recent lawsuit is actually brought on by another network who sees them as a threat, or wants to lower their value to potentially buy them out. While I see it as an entry point for all.
The stock spiked on every one of these announcements. $1 to $11 on June 3rd, another spike on July 2nd, and again on Aug 3rd. It hasn't stayed, but it seems we are due for another at any moment (End of Aug/beginning of Sept?) I believe this is a great company with massive growth potential. Due to their recent collaboration with Amazon Prime, I believe they will get picked up or bought out by Amazon, (if not Viacom or ATT due to their quickly growing threat to Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network).
Current positions: 20x 9/18 $1.5c + 10,000 shares
submitted by jonneye