Your wait is over, your Focus is at hand, and your journey is beginning…
Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition is out now and available on PC through Steam
and the Epic Games Store
. This edition includes the DLC expansion The Frozen Wilds, as well as several features exclusive to PC.
You can watch our launch trailer here
Explore a post-post-apocalyptic future with Aloy, a young hunter and an outcast who is eager to uncover her past and find her destiny. Fight alongside other tribes and defeat unique Machines in a vibrant world that is yours to discover.
Should you need any support, we’ve compiled a useful FAQ
for you that aims to answer as many questions as possible for new players. In case you run into any issues with the game, you can report them on Steam
, or via our website
- we will be monitoring your feedback and will do our very best to help you if you run into any trouble. Please note that we may not always be able to respond quickly - please be patient with us and we will get to you as soon as we can.
Our team will be active on Steam, Reddit, and our social channels as much as possible (weekdays only); we’ve got lots of fun things planned on our official Guerrilla channels, so be sure to follow those for the latest news. We’re very much looking forward to seeing your videos, screenshots, fan art, cosplay, and more!
All of us at Guerrilla are incredibly excited for you to get your hands on the game; it’s been an absolute pleasure to bring Horizon Zero Dawn to a whole new level (and a whole new platform!), and we cannot thank you enough for your ongoing support and enthusiasm.
Full Patch Notes
Below are a few recommendations from us about what you can do to optimise your Horizon Zero Dawn PC experience. As always, your feedback and support is so appreciated! Updating the Latest Video Drivers
Please ensure you're using the latest graphics drivers available for your card. Older drivers may cause graphical glitches or stability issues:
- NVIDIA: 451.67
- AMD: 20.7.2 (“Optional” / non-WHQL) or newer
Look out for new drivers released around launch that may offer further benefits for Horizon Zero Dawn on PC. Initial Shader Compilation
In order to improve performance during play, we’ve implemented a one-time initial shader compilation before the game starts for the first time. This can take an average of 10-15 minutes for most systems to complete. Once it’s completed, you won’t have to do it again unless you make a significant hardware change or update your video drivers. We’re looking into ways to further optimize this process. Known Issues
PATCH NOTES NOTE: This list contains some spoilers for quest and character names, as well as in-game locations! Crash/Hang Fixes
- Anisotropic Filtering settings are not working. This is a high priority issue for us to resolve.
- Some systems may experience a brief stutter during general world traversal, UI updates, quest updates, or camera swaps in cutscenes. This is a high priority issue for us to investigate.
- Some animations are designed to only refresh at 30fps even if the game is running at a much higher frame rate. We are exploring how we can improve this with a future update.
- Shader Compilation process does not properly verify remaining storage space on user PC and can result in crashes if the user’s storage drive is low on space (compilation process requires additional ~2GB storage space).
Performance Issue Fixes
- Fixed an issue where the game would crash in the control mapping menu screen when moving the game window to a second screen using the Win Key + Arrow Key combination.
- Fixed several other crashes
Graphics Issue Fixes
- Fixed an issue where the framerate would behave incorrectly in Ultimate Quality with a 3840x2160 display resolution.
- Fixed an issue where the game would have performance issues when running in High End 4K display resolution.
- Fixed an issue in the main quest “The Point of the Spear” where the game would have performance issues during the fight with the Sawtooth.
- Fixed an issue in the side quest “Fatal Inheritance” where the game would have performance issues when entering the house.
- Fixed an issue in the DLC expansion quest “Firebreak” where the frame rate would drop in certain places.
- Fixed an issue where the framerate would drop on a path to in-game location Pitchcliff.
- Fixed an issue where the game would encounter streaming issues on buildings when the player was near Mother’s Cradle.
Streaming Issue Fixes
- Fixed an issue where the game would have graphics issues when approaching the Battery Facility and Firebreak.
- Fixed an issue in side quest "Sunstone Rock" where there was a graphics issue behind Janeva near Sunstone Rock.
- Fixed an issue where a flicker would occur when changing the Render Scale.
- Fixed an issue where the Crafting sub-menu image would show a compressed image in different aspect ratios.
- Fixed an issue with overlapping UI in Quest menus when using Mouse and Keyboard.
- Fixed an issue where the extended blurred side bars for cutscenes and conversations did not display when in Borderless Mode.
Functionality Issue Fixes
- Fixed an issue where the game would encounter streaming issues when using specific Adaptive Performance FPS settings.
Localization Issue Fixes
- Fixed an issue where a notification after a crash disappears before the user can accept the request.
- Fixed an issue where an option in the Audio Output Device list did not register as a valid option.
- Fixed an issue where the Audio Output Device can not be changed via the Settings > Audio page.
- Fixed an issue in the Benchmark Tool where music would no longer play on subsequent runs of the Benchmark Tool after running and cancelling the tool early.
- Fixed an issue in the Japanese SKU where the cross button is functioned as confirmation button when selecting choices during conversation and cutscenes instead of circle button
- Fixed an issue where the first-time loading screen would show placeholder text in every language except English.
- Fixed an issue where a user was not able to boot the game after closing it.
- Fixed an issue where the game would display debug names in some instances.
- Fixed an issue where several fonts were present in the Install folder of the game.
- Fixed an issue where the Horizon Zero Dawn logo would not be displayed correctly.