Wanna play new vegas mods like Al Chestbreach, could use recommendations.
Doing a fresh install, where I can play New Vegas, where I just do quest mods like Al Chestbreach does. But before I delve into them, I'd like recommendations for what I should do to make it easier.
Before I begin, I wanna make this clear. And believe me, I mean this in the nicest way possible.
Please, I am beggging you, DO NOT assume that I'm deadset on anything(well, aside from going into the GECK myself and doing complex, time consuming editing myself) I've created similar topics before, and because of the way that I've phrased things in the intro post alone, people have assumed that I was unwilling to change my mind, and were unwilling to help me out.
- What mods should I download to make this easier for me? I know that I probably need to install New Vegas Script Extender, Mod Configuration Menu, New Vegas Anti-Crash, 4GB Fallout New Vegas, but what else should I be using. I wanna make things as stable as possible.
- Maybe suggest some save files on this website that I can download?
- Maybe some mods like Traffic and Nevada Skies? Populated Casinos? Think they'd be good, or should I go with something similar but better?
- What about MTUI? or or Centered 3rd Person Camera? Stuff like this. Should I go for these, or something similar, but better? Please recommend mods along these lines.
- Can you recommend some super easy to set up visual mods? Maybe a combo of mods that make the game look good, but don't sacrafice stability.
- Which map mod should I go for? It'd be especially great if I could get a map mod that looks like a really easy to read map. I favor practicality here over lore friendliness.
- Even with the search feature, I find it really hard to find topics. Know of any topics that might have asked something similar to this?
- Any other advice that you're willing to give would be great.
Willing to consider a lot, and I appreciate any suggestions you're willing to give.
submitted by MorteTorment
Fallout New Vegas 4GB Updated
Some of you were really helpful on my other post about modding on this sub and I have another issue I guess. Actually one and another question.
In the screenshot linked, whenever I launch FNV4GB through Mod Organizer 2 I get that message. Which pretty much asks me if I would allow Mod Organizer 2 to elevate its privileges on my system. It does that because the 4GB mod is set to run as Administrator, mod requires it to work. Should I keep pressing yes to launch the game or is this an issue that I should fix somehow? As in...could this be damaging somehow in the long run?
I've installed NMC's Texture Pack for New Vegas and the game stutters like crazy when it has to load areas of the map, gets worse when it tries to load some of them for the first time. And loading screens last about twice as long as before. What I thought was that maybe the 4GB mod doesn't work and the game doesn't take full advantage of 4GB hence the violent stuttering. I've got an Intel i7 3770, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, GTX 980 and I'm running the game on a rather slow Internal HDD. Which is why I'm inclined to believe that the 4GB mod works and it's just my HDD that is slow. Which brings me to the question in...question and also...
: Is there any way to confirm that FNV4GB is actually working and running fine?
Sorry for the annoying questions, I'm like a child and thanks in advance.
submitted by Decadence04