Need help: kernel seems to be hanging, but no way to tell
Using NXP's i.mx6ul processor, custom board based on the eval board.
I'm stuck at the kernel message "Key type dns_resolver registered". My SD card appears to be fine, bootloader is fine, I have an image on my LCD, there are no obvious error messages in my boot log (see attached). I've used multiple file systems -- a minimal build with busybox, a version from buildroot, my own rootfs built with linaro, the demo version that comes with the eval board -- none of that helps. I've done everything I can think of in the the u-boot build and the kernel/device tree to make this all match my custom board; but the kernel always stops at this same point. I actually can't tell if it's hung or if it's actually doing something, but certainly there are no more messages coming out of the console. I've let it run for a few hours and nothing happens.
Can someone give me pointers on how to troubleshoot the kernel? Is there a way to verify whether the kernel has hung or is waiting on something or otherwise actively doing something? I don't know how to find where in the source code the kernel is no longer sending out info to the console, but some kind of progress indicator or note that says what it's waiting on would help.
Also, I've tried disabling most things in the device tree, and I've tried enabling most things. I'm at a complete loss as to what's going on.
Here's the console output during boot:
U-Boot 2016.03 (Sep 14 2018 - 10:12:01 -0400) CPU: Freescale i.MX6UL rev1.2 528 MHz (running at 396 MHz) CPU: Industrial temperature grade (-40C to 105C) at 43C Reset cause: WDOG Board: MX6UL 14x14 EVK I2C: ready DRAM: 512 MiB MMC: FSL_SDHC: 0, FSL_SDHC: 1 Display: TFT50 (800x480) Video: 800x480x24 In: serial Out: serial Err: serial Net: Board Net Initialization Failed No ethernet found. Normal Boot Hit any key to stop autoboot: 0 switch to partitions #0, OK mmc0 is current device switch to partitions #0, OK mmc0 is current device reading boot.scr ** Unable to read file boot.scr ** reading zImage 6958960 bytes read in 319 ms (20.8 MiB/s) Booting from mmc ... reading imx6ul-14x14-evk.dtb 36358 bytes read in 20 ms (1.7 MiB/s) Kernel image @ 0x80800000 [ 0x000000 - 0x6a2f70 ] ## Flattened Device Tree blob at 83000000 Booting using the fdt blob at 0x83000000 Using Device Tree in place at 83000000, end 8300be05 Modify /soc/[email protected]/[email protected]:status disabled ft_system_setup for mx6 Starting kernel ... Booting Linux on physical CPU 0x0 Linux version 4.1.15 ([email protected]) (gcc version 7.2.1 20171011 (Linaro GCC 7.2-2017.11) ) #17 SMP PREEMPT Mon Sep 17 14:29:19 EDT 2018 CPU: ARMv7 Processor [410fc075] revision 5 (ARMv7), cr=10c53c7d CPU: PIPT / VIPT nonaliasing data cache, VIPT aliasing instruction cache Machine model: Freescale i.MX6 UltraLite 14x14 EVK Board Reserved memory: created CMA memory pool at 0x8c000000, size 320 MiB Reserved memory: initialized node linux,cma, compatible id shared-dma-pool Memory policy: Data cache writealloc PERCPU: Embedded 12 pages/cpu @8bb32000 s16908 r8192 d24052 u49152 Built 1 zonelists in Zone order, mobility grouping on. Total pages: 130048 Kernel command line: console=ttymxc0,115200 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 PID hash table entries: 2048 (order: 1, 8192 bytes) Dentry cache hash table entries: 65536 (order: 6, 262144 bytes) Inode-cache hash table entries: 32768 (order: 5, 131072 bytes) Memory: 178072K/524288K available (8556K kernel code, 525K rwdata, 3196K rodata, 436K init, 449K bss, 18536K reserved, 327680K cma-reserved, 0K highmem) Virtual kernel memory layout: vector : 0xffff0000 - 0xffff1000 ( 4 kB) fixmap : 0xffc00000 - 0xfff00000 (3072 kB) vmalloc : 0xa0800000 - 0xff000000 (1512 MB) lowmem : 0x80000000 - 0xa0000000 ( 512 MB) pkmap : 0x7fe00000 - 0x80000000 ( 2 MB) modules : 0x7f000000 - 0x7fe00000 ( 14 MB) .text : 0x80008000 - 0x80b82508 (11754 kB) .init : 0x80b83000 - 0x80bf0000 ( 436 kB) .data : 0x80bf0000 - 0x80c73778 ( 526 kB) .bss : 0x80c76000 - 0x80ce6780 ( 450 kB) SLUB: HWalign=64, Order=0-3, MinObjects=0, CPUs=1, Nodes=1 Preemptible hierarchical RCU implementation. Additional per-CPU info printed with stalls. RCU restricting CPUs from NR_CPUS=4 to nr_cpu_ids=1. RCU: Adjusting geometry for rcu_fanout_leaf=16, nr_cpu_ids=1 NR_IRQS:16 nr_irqs:16 16 mxc_clocksource_init 3000000 Switching to timer-based delay loop, resolution 333ns sched_clock: 32 bits at 3000kHz, resolution 333ns, wraps every 715827882841ns clocksource mxc_timer1: mask: 0xffffffff max_cycles: 0xffffffff, max_idle_ns: 637086815595 ns Console: colour dummy device 80x30 Calibrating delay loop (skipped), value calculated using timer frequency.. 6.00 BogoMIPS (lpj=30000) pid_max: default: 32768 minimum: 301 Mount-cache hash table entries: 1024 (order: 0, 4096 bytes) Mountpoint-cache hash table entries: 1024 (order: 0, 4096 bytes) CPU: Testing write buffer coherency: ok /cpus/[email protected] missing clock-frequency property CPU0: thread -1, cpu 0, socket 0, mpidr 80000000 Setting up static identity map for 0x80008280 - 0x800082d8 Brought up 1 CPUs SMP: Total of 1 processors activated (6.00 BogoMIPS). CPU: All CPU(s) started in SVC mode. devtmpfs: initialized device-tree: Duplicate name in [email protected], renamed to "display#1" VFP support v0.3: implementor 41 architecture 2 part 30 variant 7 rev 5 clocksource jiffies: mask: 0xffffffff max_cycles: 0xffffffff, max_idle_ns: 19112604462750000 ns pinctrl core: initialized pinctrl subsystem NET: Registered protocol family 16 DMA: preallocated 256 KiB pool for atomic coherent allocations cpuidle: using governor ladder cpuidle: using governor menu hw-breakpoint: found 5 (+1 reserved) breakpoint and 4 watchpoint registers. hw-breakpoint: maximum watchpoint size is 8 bytes. imx6ul-pinctrl 20e0000.iomuxc: initialized IMX pinctrl driver mxs-dma 1804000.dma-apbh: initialized SCSI subsystem initialized usbcore: registered new interface driver usbfs usbcore: registered new interface driver hub usbcore: registered new device driver usb i2c i2c-0: IMX I2C adapter registered i2c i2c-0: can't use DMA i2c i2c-1: IMX I2C adapter registered i2c i2c-1: can't use DMA Linux video capture interface: v2.00 pps_core: LinuxPPS API ver. 1 registered pps_core: Software ver. 5.3.6 - Copyright 2005-2007 Rodolfo Giometti PTP clock support registered MIPI CSI2 driver module loaded Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Initialized. Bluetooth: Core ver 2.20 NET: Registered protocol family 31 Bluetooth: HCI device and connection manager initialized Bluetooth: HCI socket layer initialized Bluetooth: L2CAP socket layer initialized Bluetooth: SCO socket layer initialized Switched to clocksource mxc_timer1 NET: Registered protocol family 2 TCP established hash table entries: 4096 (order: 2, 16384 bytes) TCP bind hash table entries: 4096 (order: 3, 32768 bytes) TCP: Hash tables configured (established 4096 bind 4096) UDP hash table entries: 256 (order: 1, 8192 bytes) UDP-Lite hash table entries: 256 (order: 1, 8192 bytes) NET: Registered protocol family 1 RPC: Registered named UNIX socket transport module. RPC: Registered udp transport module. RPC: Registered tcp transport module. RPC: Registered tcp NFSv4.1 backchannel transport module. imx rpmsg driver is registered. Bus freq driver module loaded futex hash table entries: 256 (order: 2, 16384 bytes) VFS: Disk quotas dquot_6.6.0 VFS: Dquot-cache hash table entries: 1024 (order 0, 4096 bytes) NFS: Registering the id_resolver key type Key type id_resolver registered Key type id_legacy registered jffs2: version 2.2. (NAND) © 2001-2006 Red Hat, Inc. fuse init (API version 7.23) io scheduler noop registered io scheduler deadline registered io scheduler cfq registered (default) imx-weim 21b8000.weim: Driver registered. backlight supply power not found, using dummy regulator MIPI DSI driver module loaded MIPI DSI driver module loaded 21c8000.lcdif supply lcd not found, using dummy regulator mxsfb 21c8000.lcdif: failed to find mxc display driver Console: switching to colour frame buffer device 100x30 mxsfb 21c8000.lcdif: initialized imx-sdma 20ec000.sdma: no event needs to be remapped imx-sdma 20ec000.sdma: loaded firmware 3.3 imx-sdma 20ec000.sdma: initialized 2020000.serial: ttymxc0 at MMIO 0x2020000 (irq = 19, base_baud = 5000000) is a IMX console [ttymxc0] enabled 21e8000.serial: ttymxc1 at MMIO 0x21e8000 (irq = 233, base_baud = 5000000) is a IMX imx sema4 driver is registered. [drm] Initialized drm 1.1.0 20060810 [drm] Initialized vivante 1.0.0 20120216 on minor 0 loop: module loaded fsl-quadspi 21e0000.qspi: unrecognized JEDEC id bytes: ff, ff, ff fsl-quadspi 21e0000.qspi: Freescale QuadSPI probe failed spi_gpio spi4: gpio-miso property not found, switching to no-rx mode CAN device driver interface 20b4000.ethernet supply phy not found, using dummy regulator pps pps0: new PPS source ptp0 fec 20b4000.ethernet (unnamed net_device) (uninitialized): Invalid MAC address: 00:00:00:00:00:00 fec 20b4000.ethernet (unnamed net_device) (uninitialized): Using random MAC address: 86:90:7c:2f:a5:00 libphy: fec_enet_mii_bus: probed fec 20b4000.ethernet eth0: registered PHC device 0 2188000.ethernet supply phy not found, using dummy regulator pps pps1: new PPS source ptp1 fec 2188000.ethernet (unnamed net_device) (uninitialized): Invalid MAC address: 00:00:00:00:00:00 fec 2188000.ethernet (unnamed net_device) (uninitialized): Using random MAC address: 82:9f:23:fc:a1:ea fec 2188000.ethernet eth1: registered PHC device 1 usbcore: registered new interface driver asix usbcore: registered new interface driver ax88179_178a usbcore: registered new interface driver cdc_ether usbcore: registered new interface driver net1080 usbcore: registered new interface driver cdc_subset usbcore: registered new interface driver zaurus usbcore: registered new interface driver cdc_ncm ehci_hcd: USB 2.0 'Enhanced' Host Controller (EHCI) Driver ehci-mxc: Freescale On-Chip EHCI Host driver usbcore: registered new interface driver usb-storage usbcore: registered new interface driver usb_ehset_test 2184800.usbmisc supply vbus-wakeup not found, using dummy regulator 2184000.usb supply vbus not found, using dummy regulator 2184200.usb supply vbus not found, using dummy regulator ci_hdrc ci_hdrc.1: EHCI Host Controller ci_hdrc ci_hdrc.1: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 1 ci_hdrc ci_hdrc.1: USB 2.0 started, EHCI 1.00 hub 1-0:1.0: USB hub found hub 1-0:1.0: 1 port detected mousedev: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice input: 20cc000.snvs:snvs-powerkey as /devices/platform/soc/2000000.aips-bus/20cc000.snvs/20cc000.snvs:snvs-powerkey/input/input0 input: TSC2007 Touchscreen as /devices/platform/soc/2100000.aips-bus/21a4000.i2c/i2c-1/1-0049/input/input1 read sensor who am i (0xfffffffb)error ! fxls8471: probe of 0-001e failed with error -22 snvs_rtc 20cc000.snvs:snvs-rtc-lp: rtc core: registered 20cc000.snvs:snvs-r as rtc0 i2c /dev entries driver IR NEC protocol handler initialized IR RC5(x/sz) protocol handler initialized IR RC6 protocol handler initialized IR JVC protocol handler initialized IR Sony protocol handler initialized IR SANYO protocol handler initialized IR Sharp protocol handler initialized IR MCE Keyboard/mouse protocol handler initialized IR XMP protocol handler initialized pxp-v4l2 pxp_v4l2: initialized 0-000e supply vdd not found, using dummy regulator 0-000e supply vddio not found, using dummy regulator mag3110 0-000e: check mag3110 chip ID mag3110 0-000e: read chip ID 0xfffffffb is not equal to 0xc4! mag3110: probe of 0-000e failed with error -22 imx2-wdt 20bc000.wdog: use WDOG_B to reboot. imx2-wdt 20bc000.wdog: timeout 60 sec (nowayout=0) Bluetooth: HCI UART driver ver 2.3 Bluetooth: HCI UART protocol H4 registered Bluetooth: HCI UART protocol BCSP registered Bluetooth: HCI UART protocol ATH3K registered usbcore: registered new interface driver bcm203x usbcore: registered new interface driver btusb usbcore: registered new interface driver ath3k sdhci: Secure Digital Host Controller Interface driver sdhci: Copyright(c) Pierre Ossman sdhci-pltfm: SDHCI platform and OF driver helper /soc/[email protected]/[email protected]: voltage-ranges unspecified sdhci-esdhc-imx 2190000.usdhc: Got CD GPIO sdhci-esdhc-imx 2190000.usdhc: No vqmmc regulator found mmc0: SDHCI controller on 2190000.usdhc [2190000.usdhc] using ADMA /soc/[email protected]/[email protected]: voltage-ranges unspecified sdhci-esdhc-imx 2194000.usdhc: could not get ultra high speed state, work on normal mode sdhci-esdhc-imx 2194000.usdhc: No vmmc regulator found sdhci-esdhc-imx 2194000.usdhc: No vqmmc regulator found mmc1: SDHCI controller on 2194000.usdhc [2194000.usdhc] using ADMA usbcore: registered new interface driver usbhid usbhid: USB HID core driver wm8960 1-001a: Failed to issue reset wm8960: probe of 1-001a failed with error -11 fsl-asrc 2034000.asrc: driver registered imx-wm8960 sound: failed to find codec platform device imx-wm8960: probe of sound failed with error -22 NET: Registered protocol family 26 NET: Registered protocol family 10 sit: IPv6 over IPv4 tunneling driver NET: Registered protocol family 17 can: controller area network core (rev 20120528 abi 9) NET: Registered protocol family 29 can: raw protocol (rev 20120528) can: broadcast manager protocol (rev 20120528 t) can: netlink gateway (rev 20130117) max_hops=1 Bluetooth: RFCOMM TTY layer initialized Bluetooth: RFCOMM socket layer initialized Bluetooth: RFCOMM ver 1.11 Bluetooth: BNEP (Ethernet Emulation) ver 1.3 Bluetooth: BNEP filters: protocol multicast Bluetooth: BNEP socket layer initialized Bluetooth: HIDP (Human Interface Emulation) ver 1.2 Bluetooth: HIDP socket layer initialized 8021q: 802.1Q VLAN Support v1.8 Key type dns_resolver registered
submitted by UtCanisACorio
Pokémon Polished Crystal 1.0.0 [Crystal hack]
Pokémon Polished Crystal Hack of:
Crystal version (using the pokecrystal disassembly
Version 1.1.0 is out! Please post comments, suggestions, bug reports, etc in the new thread. Introduction
Polished Crystal is, as the title says, Crystal version but improved. I've had vague plans to make a Pokémon game for years, starting with a folder full of map drawings in middle school, but Mateo's Red++
inspired me to make this one, and I hope to do for Gen 2 what he's doing for Gen 1.
The storyline is the same—you start in New Bark Town, beat the Johto gyms and the Elite Four, then move on to Kanto and fight Red. However, I've added new Pokémon, new moves, new mechanics, new maps, new events, new trainers, new items, new bugs, and Red is not even the end of the game. I've also moderately increased the difficulty, although this probably needs tuning.
Wait, new bugs? I mean fixed bugs. Probably there are new bugs too, so I'd like you to help find them. Features
This isn't a complete list, just a summary of the notable ones. New Pokémon:
- The entire Pokédex of 253 Pokémon can be caught in one game. Some Pokémon, like Houndour, Murkrow, and Misdreavus, are available at sensible locations in Johto without having to wait for Kanto.
- Added: Leafeon, Glaceon, Sylveon, Magnezone, Tangrowth, Porygon-Z, Munchlax, Togekiss, Yanmega, Honchkrow, Mismagius, Gliscor, Weavile, and Mamoswine.
- Removed: Spearow, Fearow, Lickitung, Goldeen, Seaking, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Sunkern, Sunflora, Wobbuffet, Shuckle, and Delibird. (I miss them too. ☹)
- Trade evolutions now evolve by level or by held item.
- Added: Air Slash, Aqua Tail, Astonish, Avalanche, Bug Buzz, Bulk Up, Bullet Punch, Calm Mind, Dark Pulse, DazzlinGleam, Disarm Voice, Dragon Claw, Dragon Dance, Dragon Pulse, Drain Kiss, Earth Power, Extrasensory, Fairy Wind, Flare Blitz, Flash Cannon, Focus Blast, Gunk Shot, Hex, Hyper Voice, Iron Head, Metal Sound, Moonblast, Nasty Plot, Night Slash, Play Rough, Poison Jab, Power Gem, Psystrike, Razor Shell, Seed Bomb, Shadow Claw, Stone Edge, Wild Charge, Will-O-Wisp, X-Scissor, and Zen Headbutt.
- Removed: Acid Armor, Amnesia, Barrage, Beat Up, Bide, Bind, Bone Club, Bone Rush, Clamp, Constrict, Cotton Spore, Detect, Fissure, Frustration, Guillotine, Horn Drill, Jump Kick, Kinesis, Lovely Kiss, Mega Kick, Mega Punch, Mimic, Mind Reader, Mirror Move, Poison Gas, Present, Psych Up, Psywave, Razor Wind, Rolling Kick, Sharpen, Skull Bash, Smog, Snore, Spider Web, Spite, Sweet Scent, Vice Grip, and Withdraw.
- The Fairy type, with the Pink Bow as its type-enhancing item.
- Type chart, base stats, and move attributes all updated to Gen VI.
- Physical/Special/Status split.
- Hold B to use Running Shoes.
- Gain experience from catching Pokémon.
- Play low-pitched cries when a player or foe Pokémon faints.
- Cure poison when it reaches 1 HP outside a battle.
- Eggs hatch at level 1.
- Surf at Bicycle/Running Shoes speed.
- Maximum $9,999,999 money and 50,000 coins.
- Maximum 30 items and 16 Balls in your bag pocket.
- Many battle mechanics have been updated to Gen VI, but not all. (For example, Waterfall has a 20% flinch chance, but sound-based moves don't bypass Substitute. Yet.)
- Shiny Pokémon now have an odd Attack DV, 2, 3, 7, or 11 Defense, 5 or 13 Speed, and a perfect 15 Special; so 1 in 1,024 Pokémon is shiny.
- Added locations from B/Y and HG/SS: Viridian Forest, Pewter Museum, Celadon Hotel, Silph Co., Pokémon Mansion, Seafoam Islands, Cerulean Cave, Goldenrod PokéCom Center, and Bellchime Trail.
- New locations, including Cinnabar Volcano, Cherrygrove Bay, Goldenrod Harbor, a new floor of Rock Tunnel, custom-designed PokéWalker routes, and a couple secrets. ☺
- Added decorative features to cities and routes, often from HG/SS (lake in front of Sprout Tower, Magnet Train tracks on Route 32, water feature in Ecruteak City, boardwalk in Olivine City, bridge in Victory Road, fancy Prof. Oak's lab, meteorite debris on Route 3, craters in Mt. Moon, fountains in Cerulean City and Celadon City, colored roofs throughout Kanto).
- HG/SS-style Town Map.
- Team Rocket has another plan to thwart.
- Wonder Trade up to three times a day in the Goldenrod PokéCom Center. ◦ I know that Mateo implemented this before I did, and it's made playing Red++ and Pokémon Christmas quite fun. However, I've included random held items and random original trainers. So maybe you'll get Ash's Caterpie holding an Oran Berry, or Lance's Dragonite holding Leftovers.
- Move Reminder in the same house as the Move Deleter. ◦ For this one I did borrow code from TPP Anniversary Crystal, thanks to its developers graciously making their source code public.
- 16 move tutors throughout Johto and Kanto.
- Revised in-game trades.
- Revised Game Corner prizes.
- The Odd Egg is always shiny, with an equal chance to be either gender.
- Three of Prof. Oak's aides give you items as you complete the Pokédex.
- Bill's grandpa gives you one of each evolutionary stone.
- New trainer classes: Elder, Rich Boy, Schoolgirl, Cowgirl, Battle Girl, and Hex Maniac.
- Battle Lorelei, Agatha, and Bill, and a few other special characters.
- Rematch the Elite Four at higher levels.
- Rematch Gym Leaders in the Fighting Dojo after earning all 16 badges.
- A few NPC trainers have shiny Pokémon.
- Revised set of 65 TMs and 8 HMs.
- Four new Poké Balls from Devon Corp.
- Dome Fossil, Helix Fossil, and Old Amber. Praise them, or revive them in the now-open Pewter Museum.
- Earn trophies for beating the Elite Four.
- A few more things, like X Spcl. Def (yawn) or Eviolite (!).
- Dragon Fang boosts Dragon-type moves, not Dragon Scale.
- Burn/Poison/Paralyze improve catch rate.
- Moon Ball catches Moon Stone evolvers.
- Love Ball catches opposite sex.
- Fast Ball catches flee-prone Pokémon.
- Medium-Slow growth rate experience underflow at level 1.
- HP bar lowers at the same speed even for high HP.
- Belly Drum needs to cut HP to raise Attack.
- Lake of Rage Magikarp are larger, not smaller.
- Rocket Executives use Team Rocket battle music, not just Grunts.
- The Ruins of Alph tile with their surrounding maps. (Did this annoy anyone else when making huge maps of Johto?)
Changes to Pokémon and moves:
- Default Set battle style.
- Enemy AI doesn't fail an extra 25% of the time with sleep or poison-inducing moves, or 40% of the time with stat drops.
- No badge boosts to stats or types.
- Improved some trainers' rosters, movesets, held items, and DVs (particularly Gym Leaders, the Elite Four, and other bosses).
- Many base stat changes, mostly based on Drayano's Sacred Gold/Storm Silver.
- Cut is Steel-type, and has 60 power and 100% accuracy.
- Hidden Power is ???-type and has 70 power.
- Metronome is ???-type.
- Sing has 75% accuracy (matching Lovely Kiss).
- Supersonic has 65% accuracy.
- Fly has 100% accuracy.
- Rock Smash has 75 power.
- Pain Split is Ghost-type.
- Butterfree is Bug/Psychic.
- Persian is Normal/Dark.
- Farfetch'd is Fighting/Flying.
- Ninetales is Fire/Ghost.
- Golduck is WatePsychic.
- Noctowl is Flying/Psychic.
- Ledian is Bug/Fighting.
- Dunsparce is Normal/Ground.
- Mismagius is Ghost/Fairy.
I know that not everyone likes this kind of change, so I've provided two ROM patches. The "faithful" patch keeps the canon Pokémon stats and move attributes. And more tweaks:
- Restored original Japanese sprites for Beauty, Fisher, Medium, Sage, and Swimmer♀.
- New music ported from RBY and devamped from future generations.
- Unique mini sprites for each Pokémon (thanks to this patch).
- Lowercase Pokémon, moves, items, types, names, etc.
- Fast text by default.
- Stereo sound by default.
- Updated language (Pack → Bag, Enemy → Foe, Cooltrainer → Ace Trainer, Fisher → Fisherman, Elixer → Elixir, Pink Bow → Silk Scarf, new Berry names, etc).
- Revised some shiny palettes (Dragonite is blue like Dragonair, Nidoqueen is pink like Nidoking, Scizor is silver, Espeon is sky blue, Electabuzz is red, etc).
- Nidorina and Nidoqueen can breed.
- Fly to the Rock Tunnel/Power Plant Pokémon Center.
All this and I haven't even mentioned some of my favorite additions. Don't want to spoil everything. (I mean, you can read the source code
if you're that curious.) Screenshots Right here! Bugs
- Some overworld sprites glitch when walking.
- Pokémon overworld sprites are frequently incorrect. This is partly because the original game would use, for example, a cow-shaped SPRITE_TAUROS for both Tauros and Miltank, but there's also a bug where Pokémon icons change when you view the party menu.
- The Move Reminder doesn't list all the possible moves.
The most recent version is 1.1.0 as of July 23, 2016.
There are two patches, regular and "faithful". The faithful patch does not change any Pokémon types or base stats, or any move attributes. This will be more familiar, but can have some odd consequences, like a Ghost trainer using a Ninetales that lacks STAB on its Shadow Ball.
Patches should be applied to a Pokémon Crystal (UE) (1.0) ROM. The one I used has the MD5 hash 9f2922b235a5eeb78d65594e82ef5dde if you need to make sure your copy is correct.
- yenatch, kanzure, Pikalax, iimarckus, and everyone else who's contributed to disassembling Pokémon Crystal.
- Crystal_ for their in-depth RBY/GSC mechanics research, and help on /PokemonROMhacks.
- Mateo for their thorough Red++ ROM hack, help on Skeetendo, and some sprites and tiles.
- Tauwasser, comet, and other members of Skeetendo for helpful advice.
- PikalaxALT, pigdevil2010, Koolboyman, chaos_lord2, padz, and everyone else who developed TPP Anniversary Crystal 251 and made the code public (namely the Move Relearner code).
- VictoriaLacroix for their Running Shoes routine.
- Blue Emerald, Chamber, solo993, Lake, Neslug, and Pikachu25 for many Pokémon sprites and icons.
- FroggestSpirit, Pum, Pigu, Mmmmmm, and huderlem for devamping some great music.
- jpmac26 for editing the Pokémon Center signs.
- Twilir, Danny-E, Poketto, Nic7C5, BettyNewbie, and Fo0xerz for various sprites.
- Satoshi Tajiri, Game Freak, and Nintendo for creating Pokémon Crystal in the first place.
This is something in-between a beta and a release candidate. You can play the whole game, catch all the Pokémon and beat all the trainers, and I'm pretty sure it won't just crash on you. However, it needs more thorough testing. I'm concerned about balance—do you earn too much money, or too little? Do you get overleveled or underleveled? Is anything notably missing to you that I didn't think to put in? There are also plenty of features I haven't added yet. Moves need custom animations, many mechanics haven't been updated to Gen VI, and eventually I want to make some serious changes like adding Natures or even Abilities. So I'd appreciate people playtesting this first release, paying attention to their experience as they go, letting me know what works and what doesn't. Thanks for your time!
submitted by Rangi42