- The first game was a mess with hackers rampant, but eur0pa released PvP Watchdog and most of the headache was gone.
- Second game I got softbanned for an external application GeDoSaTo / Ninja Ripper (or possibly reverting back to an older save, one of the two). In the Scholar of the First Sin release, I refrained from using DS2Fix and did not revert back to an older save even when I got invaded by speedhacking, infinite HP hackers who warped around and machinegun-threw corrosive urns at me. Paying souls to repair that was easier despite the Soul Memory system screwing me over.
- Third game, not only you still cannot prevent hackers efficiently but will let people get banned for what a script kiddie will pull off for internet fame and vandalizing for some fucked up sense of "fun" that no sane person would agree to.
Worst of all? Even if I capture everything and send the videos, neither Bandai Namco nor you (From Software) will do anything about it. "Oh, these are three segment ShadowPlay captures of Fires of the Wild using chainlinked forbidden sun and swinging the Zweihander at dagger speeds? Well, you can get a softban for using an external program
such as ShadowPlay
, but the script kiddie will get a free pass!"
I've been a fan of From Software since the days of Armored Core: Project Phantasma. You aren't some indie dev who lacks the time and resources to fix an issue immediately nor are you some AAA dev that releases the same broken games every year. Dark Souls III being the fifth iteration of SoulsBorne games, this cheat herpes should've never been an issue to begin with.
Considering how you never fixed the weapon durability issue on PC for Dark Souls II until consoles got a 60fps treatment (SotFS), I'm not even sure if you care about the market that gave you over 50% of the sales of the previous game.
Your idea of putting cheaters in the same pool to prevent innocent players did not work and still doesn't. I'll deal with the hackers myself by reverting back to a save or Alt+F4 - or people like eur0pa may be able to come up with a tool to fix this mess that you seem to be unable to ever pull off properly; but if you make me lose my ability to play a game that I have paid for due to someone else's mental illness, that's just fucking asinine and incompetent on your part.
- EDIT 1: Came back from a well deserved Sunday morning sleep to find that this thread has gained far more response than I had ever imagined. I appreciate all the comments, and I do recognize myself that this is merely venting and FromSoft won't actually read this. Guess what, they don't read my emails either (I wrote to them a few times in the past in English and Japanese with some aid of my Japanese friend, all I got in return was radio silence).
- EDIT 2: Also I need to make a clarification, there is no current circumstantial evidence to suggest that ShadowPlay softbans people. I was aware of this when I wrote the topic; I probably should've put an /s in the end there at the sentence, but since the quotation marks were put to deliberately suggest that specific line as a joke, I didn't put much thought into it. However the following ARE known to cause softbans back from Dark Souls II days and likely will in Dark Souls III:
: Developed by eur0pa, who gave us the wonderful PvP Watchdog for the first Dark Souls. This was intended to protect innocent players from hackers just like the first software - only, it triggered softbans because From saw it as injection and deemed that it was unworthy to be used with their glorious nippon game. x360ce
: Making the KB/M control nigh impossible to play didn't quite cut it, so they decided to punish people who didn't actually have the Microsoft XBOX 360 controller but used an emulation software to play with their own choice of controllers (be it Dualshock, Logitech, Razer, whatever is their fancy). Durazno XInput Wrapper
: So you aren't using a third party controller nor a software to reduce the potent issues you have with keymapping? Good! But you are trying to fix your 360 controller's camera deadzone as it became worse compared to Dark Souls 1? Well, HERE YOU GO, a nice softban to accompany with your lack of patience to adapt to the fucking ridiculous camera movement! SweetFX, ReShade
: How DARE you try to use external shader plugins to make the game look as beautiful (or better) than our never-quite-implemented
E3 gameplay graphics, or what was available during the network test beta. No, bad PC players, you will be forced to play with downgraded graphics just like your console brethren and you will suck it up wasting your precious GPU that cost twice as much as any "next-gen" console out there. DXTory
: So you are using ShadowPlay. Okay, you are using your GPU to capture something that FRAPS or BandiCam does as well, but with close to zero performance cost. Riiiight. We'll have to keep an eye on that. But wait, you are using a capturing software called DXTory that injects
itself into the game code? DING-DING-DING
a winner is you! Here's your reward, a softban like no other!