Hey! I am Naerlyn/Nightwind42, the one who finds very impactful bugs on Mordekaiser
, who showed that Mordekaiser's list of bugs was bigger than the amount of characters allowed by Reddit
and who messes up Reddit titles by saying that NV stands for NaVi
. I used to be an alpha tester of the new client, but as this client is now the official and only one available and as I grew tired of losing too many ranked 3v3s in masters, here is a list of all the current bugs that I've found since the removal of the legacy client in Europe. The list is currently at 58 bugs and 42 other issues. Enjoy!
(Note: I also submitted every single of these bugs with the "Report a bug" button.) Launching the client (1)
- When you close the client in the login screen and want to re-open it quickly before the process has really been ended, the client won't launch, but also won't display the pop-up reading that another instance was still running.
- Whenever I open the client (with the updated client icon), I get the champion select background for one second before actually landing on the login screen. Screenshot
Intended! Login screen (2)
- The login music doesn't stop when the client is minimized. It used to keep playing when you'd put the client on the background, and to stop when you minimize it.
- Liq... cough
Upon logging in, there is very often a login queue of one person being displayed. Screenshot Landing screen (5)
- The client can still be very slow, even given that I have a computer that won't make me go below 100 FPS while the game s in maximum details, 2560x1440 resolution and with Skype, Discord, a browser with Youtube being used and one or two other softwares. By very slow, I mean almost not answering for a full five seconds after a ban is issued in a draft champ select.
- For some people, after receiving a gift, the notification of receiving a present will show up after every single login, as a solely visual bug. Screenshots
- For some people, playing a game reduces the client's size, and trying to change it back afterwards will only increase the size of the contents goes up, making them larger than the client, with the only workaround being to restart the client. Normal size
/ Reduced size after a game
/ Reduced size with larger content
- Many people have their client sounds messed up (distorted?) after a couple of games.
- Someone's client once turned into this
. Ranked (1)
- The rectangle for the lowest person of a league is cut by the bottom of the client. Screenshot Match history (1)
- In the Overview tab of the match history, for the Champion gold, you cannot see which line goes for which champion, even if you hover over it. Screenshot Collection (1)
- Clarity has an incorrect cooldown (240 instead of 180). Screenshot
Bamboozled, it's the correct one.
- Teleport doesn't have its cooldown shown in the summoner spells description. Screenshot Loot (3)
- The "Loot" tab sometimes won't load at all and will force you click elsewhere and then go back on it.
There is an issue with crafting champion shards, that makes your client crash upon doing so.
- Sometimes, every single icon becomes all blue, preventing from seeing what it is, until the client is restarted. Clubs (8)
- Sometimes, a sound is played when someone in one of your clubs logs off. But sometimes only. And that sound, similar to a message's, is pretty annoying.
- I had a club message give me a taskbar notification. Also, I know that it wasn't just my imagination or a coincidence, because at the same time a friend from my club got the same thing. Edit: That's actually happened about a dozen of times to me now.
- Upon logging in, I could only see 38 of the new messages in my club, while there was more written in my absence. It should be 50! (Note: My three clubs had a total of exactly 100 new messages at that moment, so that perhaps played a role into it. 100 is an oddly round number...)
- Friends connected from mobile are not counted among the online buddies in your friends list, but in your clubs, they are.
- Some people can have 4 different clubs. Screenshot
(At some point earlier, using the new client would automatically accept all of your pending club invitations. And now, some people have four clubs... or more.)
- If you invite someone to a club, they'll keep being shown as "Pending" even after accepting, unless you restart your client.
- If a club member nominates people to the club just after accepting the invite, he'll have a confirmation that he did nominate them, yet nothing will appear for the club leader if he hadn't disconnected in the meantime. If the club leader kicks the member (who is still shown as pending, so if he kicks him by pressing "cancel" on his invitation), then the nominations will show up.
- Sometimes, nominations don't give any notification to the club leader. So he can only know about those if he clicks on "View club". Champion details (0)
- Nothing here but some things that I find really inaccurate. I've mentioned them in the second section! Store (1)
- The store goes all black for a second every time you click on a new tab, while the "Featured/Champions/Skins/Gameplay/Accessories/Bundles" tabs could stay. Screenshot Friends list (18)
Many pending invitations go nameless after some time. That "sometimes" can go between minutes and... a second. Screenshot
- I don't know what led up to this. But you have a screenshot. Screenshot
If two people from the same lobby invite you to one game, the invitation will only read the name of one of these people, instead of both names like in the old client. That honestly sucks a lot.
- You can't invite someone who cancelled a queue. They're shown with a blue status, reading "Creating [...] Game".
- Also other issues with people randomly having the wrong status.
- When someone's away and creates a game, the "Creating [...] Game" appears in green, not gray. Screenshot
- Playing a game after being "Away" sets you back as "Online".
- The 3v3 map is called "The Twisted Treeline" in the friends list, despite being referred to as "Twisted Treeline" upon creating a game. Screenshot
- There's a trick to mess up the status message. Screenshot
- While you're ingame, your friends' status don't update frequently. For example, I was playing with some friends, and they were shown as being in champ select during our loading screen and at the beginning of the game (I stopped looking afterwards).
- The groups can switch places by themselves, sometimes under some circumstances, sometimes just like that.
- I couldn't rename one of my groups. Pressing enter didn't work, even after trying repeatedly and waiting a good five seconds.
- I cannot see the size or the amount of online people in one of my groups, because the name is too long and hovering over the group doesn't do anything. I had to rename the group because of it. Screenshot
- When you want to add a friend while your list is full, it will tell you that you can't have more than 300 friends. It's false, you can have up to 325. Screenshot
- The research is very weird. I just typed three random letters, and a name popped up without any of those letters. Screenshot
- When you hover over an offline friend, it takes half a second to show their rank. It shows as follow, in a quick succession: nothing
- level 30
- normal rank
(Yes, I did struggle to take the second screenshot).
- If you click "Nominate to club" instead of hovering it, the menu will disappear, but the list of available clubs will still be shown. Hanging there, in the midst of nowhere. That's the only part of the menu that will still be displayed. So you'll have your club names hanging there (Same thing happens if you click "Move" or "Invite to club", with their respective options). Screenshot
- If you put your client about 3 centimeters away from the right side of your screen, right-click on a friend and hover "Move", two different things can happen. If you dragged your mouse from the top or the bottom of the options to the "Move" button, your list of groups will appear on the left of the first menu, like this
. However, if you dragged your mouse from the left to the "Move" option, then the list of groups will appear on the right of the menu, and will be half hidden by the edge of your screen. Like this
. The very same thing happens with the options to "Invite to club" or to "Nominate to club". Chat (7)
When the popped out chat is too big, you can't reduce it back (the size button is out of screen) or have access to the pop in button. Yes, that means that you can't reduce the chat size ever again, until this gets fixed. Screenshot
When the pop out chat is too big, you can't even chat properly or see your own messages. Same screenshot
If the popped out chat takes the entire screen (like this)
but isn't the focussed window, clicking the Chat icon on the client will only make it the focussed window, instead of opening the normal chat box. If the popped out chat only reaches slightly below the top of the screen (like that)
, that won't happen. The second part of that report doesn't work for everybody. It means that for some people, no matter what they do, clicking the chat icon will only open the pop out and they won't ever be able to have access to the normal chat box. Now go back to the previous bug to see how that's a real issue.
- Links in chat can't be clicked, while there's an option to "Warn Me When I Click A Link In
- Some short messages are displayed in two lines while longer messages fit in one. Screenshot
- The chats sometimes only show empty bubbles, without the text they'd contained. Or maybe that's just some overzealous language filter :p Screenshots 1
- Sometimes you cannot uncheck said language filter. Party formation screen (4)
- My "Naërlyn" account is shown as being platinum 5 in the lobby a custom game. The account is plat 5 in 3v3 and plat 2 in 5v5, and it should use the higher of the two. Screenshot
- You can only grant invitation rights in a custom lobby, and not the owning of a room.
- Upon entering a party after being invited, everything but the chat took a good 30 seconds to load. That happened several times in a row, and happened again after restarting my client. Screenshot
- If you invite someone for a ranked through the suggested people and if that person happens not to meet the rank requirements, the person will disappear from the suggested list without popping up the message telling you that the rank difference is too big (Nothing will happen, the name will just disappear and that's it). Champion select screen (2)
- If you try to pick a champion when it's not your time to do so, the game displays "There was a problem selecting your champion. Please try again" - which isn't suited.
- The champ select music doesn't stop when the client is minimized. It used to keep playing when you'd put the client on the background, and to stop when you minimize it. And yes, I only changed two words between this bug and the one with the login screen music. In-game (3)
- When the loading screen appears, the player doesn't have the game as their active window (I have the game in borderless).
- Many people have an issue where the client pops up and/or minimizes the game for no reason when they're playing, more or less often (Also happens while playing other games).
- Some people get a bugsplat whenever they try to alt-tab in the loading screen. Pending for details, but I suspect they're playing in Full Screen and not Borderless. Other (1)
- There is a LeagueClientOptIn line in the game files and it doesn't do anything anymore. Landing screen (2)
- It could be handy to have an option to adjust the client to the screen. I have a smaller screen on which the client takes exactly the width of the screen, but if I happen to just mistakenly slightly drag the client around, I'm gonna have a hard time putting it back to normal without having one unused column of pixels on the left or on the right.
- The notifications when someone dodges or doesn't accept the queue cover the Store button, and cannot be removed manually. Profile (7)
- You can't see your own ranked losses. Anywhere. It's sad to have to go on a website to know the most basic statistics about yourself
, like what winrate you have or how many games you've played. Screenshot
- You can't see your normal games stats anymore, either. Or those of the others.
- You also don't have access to the detailed ranked stats anymore - champions played, how many games or wins on each, KDA, and so on.
- And lastly, you have no way to see any stats from the previous seasons, all of this being only accessible on unofficial websites.
- Only three champions are shown on the profile of the players, but being able to know the top 8 masteries (or up to 11 when they have three champions to level 7) of someone was way more convenient.
- You can't see the amount of points that you (or anyone) have on your top 3 level 7 champions without hovering over them, unlike in the legacy client.
- The countdown for first win of the days is shown in hours (while it's in minutes for chests). It isn't really optimal, since it will always be roundd up, meaning that you cannot see whether 5 or 55 minutes are left until the first win, hence whether a bot game would be enough or if you'd need to wait a bit then play one game. Match history (1)
- The website match history isn't up-to-date compared to the history on the client. Namely, you can't see the warding score (despite being able to see the number of wards placed/bought/destroyed) or the self-mitigated damage on the website. Clubs (4)
- You can't see how many people a club contains (in total) by looking in the club chat or on your club list at the top of your friend list; if you want to see it, you must click "View a club".
- You can't invite someone from your club in a game, as you could with the legacy client.
- The "Notifications" bell thing doesn't allow you to accept an invitation to a club. Screenshot, and I'm very proud of that club name for those who understand French and have some culture in French memes
- Since some people can be in more than three clubs at once, could it be a feature for everybody, to have the limit of clubs pushed to four or five? Champion details (11) (feel free to add "in my opinion" before every of these points)
- The description of the mobility is a bit off in the champion pages. "The ability to quickly run around the map using blinks and dashes", yet it lists Singed and Udyr with 2. Surely their great amount of blinks and dashes should have put them to 3.
- I don't think it's very accurate to say that 60% of Corki's damage come from his attacks rather than from his abilities.
- Mundo's mobility is shown as lower than Singed. And his CC lower than Olaf's.
- Karthus has one more point than Azir in Utility (It's to be remembered that Crowd Control is placed in a different category than Utility).
- Kennen only has one point in mobility. Singed has two.
- Lulu should have 3 in CC instead of 2. She has an AoE knock-up, two AoE slows and a polymorph.
- Nami should have 3 in utility instead of 2. She has 4 ways of applying speed boosts, a damage buff and a heal. 2 is Orianna's and Lux's tier, whereas she could be on par with Janna at 3.
- Orianna should have a difficulty of 3. She used to be listed with 100 difficulty alongside Cassiopeia, Syndra and Draven, and that was before her AD nerf.
- If Viktor and Kindred have a difficulty of 3, then so should Riven.
- Shyvana's damage is mixed, not physical. After looking at many games, her damage is 40% magic. Remember that Corki is shown as having mixed damage despite dealing 70 to 80% magic damage.
- Sona should have 3 in utility instead of 2. She has an AoE heal, an AoE shield, a potential way of reducing ennemy's damage (which doesn't count as CC), an AoE damage boost and an AoE speed boost. Friends list (5)
Invitations disappear when they expire. That is VERY inconvenient. You want to apologize because you were afk when you were invited? No, you can't because you'll never see the game invite. You want to tell your mate that you'll wait for them and join for the next one? No, you can't because you'll never see the game invite.
- Notes in the friends list can only use one line. On many people, I've been using three- or four-line notes, to list several things (Name, details of the game in which we met, twitch link, birthday, etc.). They've all been reduced to just one line here. Screenshot with the red bars showing where it used to be separated, enjoy some French
- If you're invited in a normal game, nothing tells you whether it's a blind or a draft.
- Having the client minimized but still using your computer (and moving your mouse outside of the client) won't prevent you from being automatically set as Away. But... you're not away, technically. It might deter people from messaging/inviting you, thinking you aren't here, while you completely are.
- You can't see how long it's been since the last time your friends connected on mobile were active. Chat (1)
- There is no separation between the last message of your previous conversation with a friend, and the first message of your current one. Screenshot
(I drew this line to show the separation: the only way to see which message happened where is to hover over the timestamps. Game select (2)
- It's sad not to be able to create custom Dark Star Singularity games!
- Also, cannot play 3v3 intermediate bots. Party formation screen (2)
- You don't have a button to check someone's profile when you're in the lobby of a custom game. That button is/was pretty handy when it comes to scouting your opponents in a tournament.
- You'll only see a cross in the "Invitations" box when someone declined/left/got kicked/tried to join a full lobby. Without anything to tell you which of the four options happened. Champion select screen (3)
- [There are literally dozens of us]
Ribbons have disappeared from all champion selects. I know that the reason is because, quoting the support, they didn't fit the design of the new champ selects, but it was still really doable to implement them, just in another way than they previously were. I'm fine with ribbons being gone from ranked queues (Many people know Froggen's story, and I've lived it too, receiving many Mordekaiser target bans in 3v3 because people knew me and my ribbon), but nothing really advocates that for normal blind and draft, let alone for ARAM and featured game modes.
- You can now actually send messages in champ select with the "New message" button, but you still can't see the status (aside from the color) of your friends whilst selecting your champion. In high elo games, it's pretty useful to know that a certain person is currently in champ select too. And overall, being able to just have access to your friends list while in champ select is more comfortable, especially in drafts when it can last almost a dozen minutes.
- You can no longer use pipes to select several champions at once in the research bar, unlike in the legacy client. Post-game screen (4)
- Can't see the team stats (numbers or graphs). Screenshot
- There is no score stat for the Dark Star mode, neither in the overview of the game, nor in the detailed stats.
- You can’t talk while looking at the stats in the post-game screen, since the chat is covered by the stats.
- Since you need to hover over someone's name in order to honor or report them, these buttons aren't shown by default, thus making people less likely to use them, which is, in my opinion, a downgrade.
- Pending for test or proof
- If you're in game and you don't have the option ticked to close the client while you're in game, and you try to use most of the features of it while in game (adding a friend, for example) nothing will happen until the game is over (the add a friend tab will open when the game completes).
- Sometimes the client stops making any sound.
- The mac client is slow and clunky.
- Issue with receiving a notification for the same message in the club after every single login.
- There are some other bugs with the Loot, with trying to using items forcing you to close and re-open the Loot tab.
- After playing a custom game, the first win of the day is shown as ready, even when it isn't.
- If someone dodges while you were editing your masteries, their description will stay on the screen until you get in another champ select and re-edit them.
- Issue about not being able to select a mastery page without editing it.
- Still on masteries, someone couldn't open them in champ select, before doing a client restart.
- Issue with the friends list not refreshing until you restart the client.
- Sometimes, the Hextech-related pop-ups (mastery level, chests, keys) don't want to get rid of and require to click multiple times to be closed.
- The resolution resets after playing a game when the option for closing the client ingame is checked.
There it is! If you have anything that I've missed, feel free to tell me, and if you think something is wrong or
has a way to be passed through, also tell me. I double checked most of the things, but obviously there are some mistakes that will remain. After all, my buglists have always been bugged themselves.
Congratulations if you managed to read through all of it!